House Hunting

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By Lindz253
  • 1 Post By CCR
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
Super Mommy
On Saturday my hubby, daughter and I went house hunting here in the town we live in. We are currently living in a STUDIO (Yes studio! ) apartment and will DEFINATLY need to be in a house before the baby is born lol. We saw a house that we like and went to put an offer on it and then realized that the septic is REDICULOUSLY small and could be a potential problem We are praying that if need be, we can put a septic in (my dad is capable of doing this) but the area where the septic is will need to be easy to access and hopefully not be completly rocky....Its stressful enough just being pregnant let alone living in a studio apartment with 3 other people and hopefully buying a house LOL!
October 22nd, 2012, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy
We were trying to sell our house and buy a new one but had no luck selling so we are now staying and adding a room on to our tiny house so stressful since this addition wont be started till a few short months before I am due

October 22nd, 2012, 07:00 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I know the stress! We bought a place the week before I found out I was pregnant and our big move is this weekend. Between the lawyers, mortgage brokers, shopping for items for the house, its been insane!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 22nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Super Mommy
Buying a house is so stressful..Praying for smooth sailing for all of us! Hubby and I are still at the veryyyyy beginning of this process..I am just praying that we can be in a house before the baby comes
October 22nd, 2012, 07:33 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I agree with the ladies above that buying a house is stressful! We bought the house we're in now when I was very pregnant with #4. I cried a lot lol. Good luck! I hope it works out for the best

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 22nd, 2012, 07:36 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Best of luck! Remember it always seems super stressful and chaotic when your in the middle of it all and nothing seems to be going right, but things settle down and work out in the end (or at least I think they do. I'll let you know on monday )
Karenna likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 22nd, 2012, 07:44 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We sold our condo and bought a new house all when my dad died and I found out I was pregnant. We are moving in less than a month. Ill be honest I dont love this house at all, we saw it the day after my dad died and I wasnt there really at all but my DH and realtor loved it. They saw a ton of potential and so my Dh put an offer in that night, I was crying in the bedroom and had to come out to sign the papers. My Dh is really handy and he fixed our condo up really well which is why we sold so quickly (3 days!) but still Im stressed about the move and just unhappy in general with the house. I know it was a good deal and we can change things but I also feel like I wasnt in the right place to make such a big decision either. Granted we had been looking for 2 weeks and put an offer on another house that fell through but there was nothing else out there in our area and price range so this might have been the best we could have gotten if we wanted to stay where we are as well as not be house poor. Still I just wish I felt differently about the whole thing and I dont.
October 22nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Good luck! I hope you get the house! We lived in a tiny one bedroom when our first was born. I couldnt imagine a studio!
Karenna likes this.

October 22nd, 2012, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck, hope you find a great place!
Karenna likes this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 22nd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We will be putting our house up for sale the beginning of next year. Really not looking forward to it but I am so ready to move.
Karenna likes this.

October 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck... we definitely need a bigger place too. But we are stuck in a lease until June, so we will be moving with a newborn and I am already dreading it.

October 23rd, 2012, 04:08 AM
Super Mommy
Thank you for replying ladies! We went to the town hall and after digging up some paperwork on the house that we like we discovered that the septic tank is 750 gallons! Still small BUT doable lol. So last night we went and put in a veryyy low offer in hopes that a miracle happens and they actually accept it! If they dont, we can always offer a higher price but we figure that starting low is a smart idea
October 23rd, 2012, 04:12 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Good luck!! I used to work in real estate so I understand the stress when buying. I hope you get the house at a great price!
Karenna likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search