We're all in this together!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lil_fishy
  • 1 Post By mommy220
  • 1 Post By Mitza1013

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 06:50 PM
It's times like these that I love the internet! I'm really glad that I've found a group of ladies that I can experience this very exciting and nerve-racking time with. It would be great to actually meet you all but I know we live all over the country and that's not very feasible.

I'm now 6 weeks along and I can't say I'm exactly ecstatic, I'm more worried and scared. I've lived 32 years in relative calmness and it will be completely turned upsidedown. It's exciting, it's mind-boggling, it's so many emotions! My husband says simply that we'll be having a "bigger life." It's not just us anymore.

I wish I could be jumping for joy but I'm so scared. I think if I read all those millions of baby books out there I'll feel better. Anyone else feel like this?
October 22nd, 2012, 06:52 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, we are all in a pretty constant state of fear around here these days. Hopefully we will have no more losses! It has been great to have these lovely ladies to talk to

Congrats and Sending sticky dust your way!

October 22nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Super Mommy
I love having all of you ladies. It helps so much!

October 22nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt like that with my first, sort of. The first trimester I was so thrilled and then reality set in during the 2nd. I was like... holy crap! I'm going to be a mom! I devoured a ton of pregnancy books and scoured the internet for every piece of information. I can tell you that at first I was totally scared when they handed me this precious baby, but then I got a lot more comfortable and my instincts sort of took over. I found the Mayo pregnancy book the best for me. It pretty much described everything to go through and includes a newborn section.
scribs1979 likes this.

October 22nd, 2012, 08:46 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww, I felt just like that with DD. I read everything I could get my hands on and soon after having her I realized that nothing could've prepared me for any of it and I should just relax and follow my gut. You'll be just fine.

Welcome!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 23rd, 2012, 02:57 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats! I feel the same way going from one to two. My daughter is almost 5 so we have put the baby things away and they have been gone for a while!! LOL I am excited though because I got a break in between the baby stage and got to enjoy my daughter as a "big kid" and now I will enjoy the baby stage again.

You will get more and more used to the idea. When I had my daughter I looked back to how easy life was before, but as time went on, I couldn't imagine my life without her, it seems like it must have been so boring!!
scribs1979 likes this.

October 23rd, 2012, 05:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What your feeling is totally normal! I remember with my first after we came home from the hospital and all the family and friends had left, DH and I looked at eachother and said "now what?" and this total panic set in. But like others said. You take a deep breath and your instincs take over and before you know it you find your groove, and you forget what it was like with out them. It does totally change your life, but in the best possible way. Yes it's hard at times and you don't always know what to do. But you figure it out. You get to be a kid again, and watch your child experience all the new things in life and it becomes new for you again. Yes your life will never be the same, and make sure you take time to do things for you and DH, becuase it will be alot harder in the future. But if your anything like me, you won't miss the old life one bit! Your new life with your baby will be sooo much better. Motherhood is the greatest adventure and the most rewarding thing in life. Just wait till you have your child run to you with open arms and hug you so tight and whisper in your ear "I love you mommy" It's all worth it.
scribs1979 likes this.
October 23rd, 2012, 05:43 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes I remember feeling that way. This will be my fourth child so it's kinda the more the merrier now...lol. reading books helps a lot. I still do that. Im glad to have this group as well. I am so excited to have a support system like this. I havent ever been a part of a DDC before and so far I love it! We are in this together!
October 23rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I kinda feel the same way...only I'm very anxious to go from 2 to 3. We will officially be outnumbered and that is something that frightens me! Thank goodness for all these ladies in here with big families!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search