Cramps? Is it normal? Are you having them?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 1 Post By MissyBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 08:13 PM
missmorganxo
Hi, all. I've had 4 losses so I'm just a little paranoid. I'm having come and go cramps. They're very low and kind of feel like menstrual cramps, but it also feels like a pulling feeling and feels very sore on the sides. I haven't had any bleeding.

Although, today, I kept checking my underwear because I felt like I'd see blood. But, it was just this thick, white creamy discharge. I had to put on a light day pad it was so much! It didn't smell and didn't itch. Just white discharge?

Is the cramps plus the tons of lotiony discharge normal?

I took a bath, and used a heating pad on very low and that helped a ton. Also, taking it easy helps.

Any other ladies going through this? Should I be worried?
October 22nd, 2012, 08:36 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had cramps all the way through what I thought was PMS, through when I should've had AF and a week and a half after I got a positive pregnancy test. I had these almost constantly. I still get some off and on now and they scare the heck out of me, but from what I've read and heard and asked about, they are perfectly normal and as long as there's no heavy spotting and bleeding, there's nothing to worry about.
missmorganxo likes this.

October 22nd, 2012, 09:05 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have cramps as well. They come and go throughout the day, but are most noticeable at night. I believe I'm right at 6 weeks. I don't get to go to the doctor until November 8th, so I'm trying not to stress about it. They feel kind of like menstrual cramps, but a little different. Not as severe as I would have with my period and usually on one side or the other (where as those would be all the way across). I'm hoping this is just the stretching/growing going on & I'm trying not to worry, but every now & then they hurt! They are most noticeable at night when I lay down to go to bed. I'll usually have just one cramp for a few seconds that hurts. I started having them last Saturday or Sunday and assumed they were period cramps. But then I got positive tests on Monday, so that was not the case! They have continued off & on since then. I hope that we all get some relief from them so that we don't have any reason to worry!
missmorganxo likes this.
October 23rd, 2012, 02:52 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had them since a few days before I found out! I usually have them at night, they are better when I drink lots of water. They are decreasing lately but I still get them.

October 23rd, 2012, 03:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had cramps with both my girls and I had cramps this time as well. They have mostly stopped but I still get some sporadically but I just tell myself it's just my uterus growing.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 23rd, 2012, 03:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have cramps. I did IVF so there is a slight inscrease in miscarrige so it makes me very nervous. The nurses in the program told me as long as there is no spotting and cramping together it's normal. Drinking lots of water and resting as helped me.
October 23rd, 2012, 03:52 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's probably round ligament pain our uterus will grow 1000 times larger. Are you keeping hydrated?

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

October 23rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had the AF like cramps around when AF was due as well thats pretty normal I think. The other pulling feelings I still get sometimes.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 23rd, 2012, 04:41 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having sporadic cramps here and there. I am hopeful that they are ok though. With my miscarriage I had honest to goodness pain. The cramps I have been having so far have been tiny twinges of menstrual cramps
October 23rd, 2012, 04:57 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had cramps with all of them. They have gotten more off and on now but I still get them.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
October 23rd, 2012, 05:15 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes.... those types of cramps are normal as well as the increased cervical mucus:-)
October 23rd, 2012, 06:38 AM
I'm so glad to be reading this. I just found out I was pregnant on Sunday and of course, as soon as the + sign showed up, I started getting cramps! I did have cramps with my 2nd son at the beginning but it was so long ago, I can't remember everything! I have low, menstrual like cramps and this morning did have a yellowish/white discharge that was more dry than wet. What is this???
October 23rd, 2012, 07:09 AM
Nattie84
I have cramps too, in my low back and at my hips.
October 23rd, 2012, 07:35 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had cramps so much...but I have major round ligament pain when I stretch or cough or sneeze (darn my uterus! 5 pregnancies stretching it out sure is heck on those round ligaments!)

October 23rd, 2012, 07:40 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive felt crampy while pregnant with my 3 other kids at the beginning, I rememeber thinking with all 3... gosh Im gona start any day now .. Ive felt that way this time as well.. I have a few cramps here and there that come and go. And started having that same type of discharge as well.. which I have done with my other pregnancies as well! Im about 6 weeks along from what I can figure at this this point!

October 23rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
missmorganxo
Glad to hear this is normal! They come and go all day, but are worse at night. They also increase when I drink a ton of water, when I read that I was like, omg me too!

I feel so much better knowing that all of you are going through this as well, it makes it less scary!
October 23rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Yep, totally normal. I always thought AF was going to show up, but then never did. I've had cramps through all of my pregnancies. The creamy CM is normal too. I usually end up wearing a pad. Occasionally, it has been so bad I thought I was bleeding, but nope. I also get cramps worse when I drink tons. I think it's just my bladder pushing on my uterus, so of course, then I am peeing all the time too.

Ahh... the joys of pregnancy.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search