Exercise?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zkat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 04:08 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
How many of you exercised regularly prior to this pregnancy?
If you did, do you plan on continuing throughout this pregnancy?

I started running a year and a half ago to get in shape after never exercising before. I've really enjoyed my twice weekly runs with my friend, so I do hope to continue as long as my midwife feels comfortable with it and I am still able. I just had my first run since my BFP this morning. I did 4 miles, but took a few walk breaks when I needed to. So far so good!
October 23rd, 2012, 04:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I exercise 5-6 days a week. I do weights/circuit training and run. I plan to continue through out my pregnancy and just modify as I need too. I worked out up until delivery with DD. With DD once I got bigger I found it uncomfortable to continue running and switched to speed walking or eliptical. I will also do yoga again. I think excercising really helped with all the aches and pains of pregnancy, helped me recover from my C-section faster last time, and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight quickly. I love to run, it's so rejuvinating!
October 23rd, 2012, 05:06 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I usually do 2-3 days of cardio at the gym, and will continue to do it. Before, I would run/jog mostly, now I just walk at a fast pace!

October 23rd, 2012, 06:01 AM
Super Mommy
I usually just walk. Pretty much everyday. And I try to lift a few heavy things everyday. So far it's been working pretty well for a long time!
October 23rd, 2012, 06:06 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ran the Chicago Marathon 5 days before my BFP. I will run and cycle on the trainer as long as my Hematoligst and OB are OK with it. Last pregnancy the hematologist didn't want me to run but he gave me the OK this one.

I have reduced my mileage a lot. I am running just over 20 miles a week now (compared to 55 before the marathon) and my pace is comfortable conversation.

Kat.
QueenCrafty likes this.
October 23rd, 2012, 06:26 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was swimming and jogging before my BFP. I have hip issues though and they get worse in pregnancy so I have started walking instead of jogging and I will continue swimming.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
October 23rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Hey, it's good to see you here! I didn't know you were expecting until now, congratulations!!!

So far I'm still running a couple days a week and plan to pretty much continue as long as possible. I kept up my workouts through my pregnancy with my youngest, so I pretty much know what adjustments to make.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 23rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I worked out almost every day doing either a bootcamp class or running outside/treadmill but once I got my BFP I stopped. Running distances gives me cramps and Im just too afraid to mess anything up. One of my best friends is pregnant and is about 10 weeks and she just did a half marathon last week. So I know its great to work out if you already have been doing so.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 23rd, 2012, 09:49 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I usually just walk, I was working on loosing weight when I got pregnant.

October 23rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a long time runner, since I was 13. I'm still running, but admit it's CRAZY hard. I don't feel good at all, sometimes it's even hard for me to get on my computer (which is why I haven't been 'round so much). I'm hoping as the second trimester nears, I feel a bit better and can do more. But, I'm running when I can.
October 25th, 2012, 06:49 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissErica View Post
I'm a long time runner, since I was 13. I'm still running, but admit it's CRAZY hard. I don't feel good at all, sometimes it's even hard for me to get on my computer (which is why I haven't been 'round so much). I'm hoping as the second trimester nears, I feel a bit better and can do more. But, I'm running when I can.
I have not been sick at all so far. I feel for you. On the few mornings that I have felt a little icky, I have found running actually helps it. I was crazy winded on my run yesterday morning. I am not sure if it is pregnancy related or just the fact that it was 70 degrees F with 80% humidity. YUCK.

I hope you feel better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search