M/S

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What has helped your m/s?

October 23rd, 2012, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Eating before I get out of bed, I have crackers on my nightstand and that's helped.

Also peppermint candies have helped a bit.
October 23rd, 2012, 10:06 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Nothing! I was actually going to start a thread asking for suggestions. I have tried preggie pops, eating saltines in the morning, eating several small meals, taking my vitamins before bed, etc. and nothing has helped me I am so not used to this because I usually eat a ton when i'm pregnant lol. Now I'm LOSING weight!

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 23rd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Honestly nothing really helps. With DD giving in to cravings I had helped the nausea. Overall though it doesn't seem to matter if I eat/don't eat etc. it just sticks around until it feels like going away....and then comes back again.

Oh I can tell you what doesn't help. For me drinking water when i'm extremely nauseated makes me throw up almost immediately

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 23rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sucking on jolly ranchers seems to help me a little bit.. taking the dilectin-make yourself-at-home-cocktail has helped too. If it gets bad though, I have a prescription for anti-nausea meds.

October 23rd, 2012, 10:40 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eating before I get out of bed; I keep crackers or a Luna bar on my nightstand too. Or I get up and chug an instant breakfast and then go back to bed, but then I have to pee three times in an hour. Eating lots of protein, even if I'm not craving it, helps. The only time I'm not sick for more than an hour at a time is when I eat red meat. Thinking about that when I'm not hungry makes me want to vomit, but it does help. Chewing peppermint gum, smelling peppermint essential oil, and drinking lots of water help. Most of those things just take the edge off, though, I still feel weak and shaky and nauseated ALL DAY LONG. My mouth is always filling up with saliva like right before you throw up, even though I've yet to actually puke. Brushing my teeth is terrifying.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 23rd, 2012, 01:23 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Nothing, I've actually lost weight from it. I'm going to ask my dr for something on Friday.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 23rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Zofran has saved me....butI try to use it sparingly...so I find frequent snacks. Just eat what sounds bareable. I have thrown up twice and its been caused by washing ds bottles both times...so i try to save that for when I feel ok. Anything made of ground beef grosses me out. Try to cook when you feel decent and then heat later if your cooking for a family. Avoid strong smelling foods that cook forever. I love my crockpot but not right now! Also a cold washcloth on your face and neck is amazing for controlling the gag reflux....umm...water doesnt do well on an empty belly! Also getting out of the house helps me alot. Our house has a certain smell that kills me sometimes so fresh smells are so nice!
October 23rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Candied ginger, Perrier (sipping), Lifesavers, staying hydrated, snacking on low-carb things like pistachios, cashews, etc or having fresh fruit (apples esp!).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search