first ultrasound bad news

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I went in for my first ultrasoud yesterday and all they saw was an empty sac! I'm 6 weeks and 2 days and the sac measured 7 weeks. My OB thinks I might have a blighted ovum, has this happened to anyone else here? I am getting a 48 hours beta done and a repeat sono next week. Its been really tough as I spent the last 2 weeks excited about a baby and I wish all the pregnancy sx would just go away if nothing is there.

Has anyone eventually seen a fetal pole after an empty sac before?

Thanks
October 23rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry. I really hope that you were just too early and you see something next week! Good luck, you will be in my prayers.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 23rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have no experience with it. Hopefully someone else can provide some insight. In the meantime, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping the u/s was just a little too early.
October 23rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Was it a transvaginal u/s? I know a bunch of ladies on the pamal board that have had blighted ovums. Also I'm sure there are ladies on the mc board and ttcal board as well. A friend of mine had one and didn't know until 12wks.
You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 23rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think in my last due date club a few ladies went and did not see anything this early. I know normally they wait until closer to 8-9 weeks to expect to see a fetal pole. I am thinking of you and will say a prayer. Keep us posted.
October 23rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Best wishes and prayers to you for a positive outcome.

October 23rd, 2012, 07:25 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes my friend that is pregnant now. She is due in April. She went for her first ultrasound. Only a sac and no baby! They told there probably be no baby but next ultrasound two weeks later there was a baby!!!!! Keep your head up!

Your in my thoughts and prayers!

October 23rd, 2012, 07:33 PM
missmorganxo
That doesn't mean that something is definitely wrong, let's hope they see something soon, maybe it's just too early? Praying for you.
Fannich likes this.
October 23rd, 2012, 08:01 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No experience, but it looks like others have. Good luck and you're in my thoughts.

October 23rd, 2012, 08:03 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 23rd, 2012, 08:58 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Yes! I'm from the June 2012 PlayRoom... You are still super early and sometimes it's really hard to see if there is something there. For my first one, I was around 6 weeks and I got one done at my friends office.. they first used a regular ultrasound and they couldnt see anything really.. just a sac, then they used a vaginal ultrasound and after a few minutes was able to see the baby.
Sending you lots and lots of baby dust and hoping the Dr just missed the baby.
Fannich likes this.

October 24th, 2012, 06:05 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Hoping that everything is ok!!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
October 24th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, I hope that is was just to early. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
October 24th, 2012, 07:34 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a blighted ovum back in August. I should have been 6 weeks and they saw nothing in my uterus. A few days later a sac that measured 5 weeks 2 days. From there for 4 weeks it was just a growing empty sac.

Betas are not always a good indicator though because they can continue to double with a blighted ovum because your body doesn't "know" yet that you aren't pregnant so symptoms continue and HCG levels rise. The rise was my case but in hindsight I did notice a drastic decrease in my symptoms.

I don't want to make you think doom and gloom because as many stories as there are like mine there were the same amount of people seeing their babies later on.

Good luck and I hope that baby is just hiding in there right now.

~Kristin~
October 24th, 2012, 08:07 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
thinking of you xx

October 24th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks everyone! Trying to stay positive until my repeat ultrasound next week
October 24th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Super Mommy
Hi, I'm lurking from the Feb. 2013 DDC. I was just shy of 6 weeks (by one day) when they only saw a sac, my betas didn't exactly double how my doctor had hoped in the days before and after the ultrasound. I went in for an ultrasound at 7 weeks and 3 days and there was a little baby with a heartbeat. I'm now almost 25 weeks pregnant.... my best wishes to you for a happy outcome It's easier said than done but try to relax and just keep thinking positively.
Fannich likes this.

Never going to forget my angels in heaven. Until we meet again my loves. Mommy loves you.

November 1st, 2012, 03:29 PM
I have an update! i went for my f/u US today at 8 weeks and they found the baby and the heartbeat! The measurements were right with my dates and everything looked fine. My OB couldn't explain why she wasn't able to see anything last time other than it might just have been too early. What a relief and I hope to never go through that again. I also hope nobody else has to also!
November 1st, 2012, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What wonderful news!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
November 1st, 2012, 03:35 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sooo happy for you!!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search