Is this a normal feeling after losses?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By CartersMommy
  • 2 Post By Farmers-wife
  • 1 Post By missmorganxo
  • 2 Post By 8miraclez
  • 1 Post By ~*Kudzu*~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
I need to talk out my feelings to someone who has hopefully been through this. After 4 miscarriages, and no healthy babies... my heart has been so broken. They've all been very early, like 5 weeks or 6 weeks. My first pregnancy made it to the 9th week and I saw the bean and heartbeat on ultrasound. I haven't had any testing but my husband has a little girl so we know he doesn't have any issues. I went in today to get my beta levels and progesterone levels, because my progesterone has been low before. I'm also taking baby aspirin because a few people in my family have had miscarriages and been told to take that and had healthy babies. Its just a shot in the dark.

Half of me wants to worry constantly about the baby, and miscarrying. And, part of me wants to completely ignore that I'm pregnant so I don't get attached.

I don't know how to make it to week 12 worrying this much! I honestly feel awful saying that part of me wants to ignore being pregnant until week 12, but I don't know how to stop worrying. All I do is pray for this baby.

Has anyone else been through this? How did you cope?
October 23rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have not but I am sure there are ladies that have been there ((HUGS)) hun!! I suggest asking your dr about progesterone shots. They have helped stick early pregnancies with some friends.... I take them 15-35 weeks to help my babies stay put!
missmorganxo likes this.
October 23rd, 2012, 07:28 PM
That's a great idea! I took prometrium pills before, but if it's low (I'll find out in the morning) I'm going to ask my doctor if I can do that! =]
October 23rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes! I mc between 1-2. So when I got pg I did not want to get attached. Didn't talk about it didn't think about it. Heart beat didn't help. When I got to 17 weeks I started to calm down. So hang in there. Take the baby aspirin, ask about the progesterone. And pray for your baby!
CartersMommy and missmorganxo like this.
October 23rd, 2012, 08:08 PM
Thank you!
Farmers-wife likes this.
October 23rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
It's totally normal. I've had babies in between my miscarriages and I still worry. You might want to check out the pregnancy and motherhood after loss board. Everyone there can totally relate to what you're going through.
zkat and missmorganxo like this.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 23rd, 2012, 09:06 PM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
I was determined with DD2 not to think about it.. not to get attached... not to acknowledge that the pregnancy existed! I couldn't do it, though, and I can't seem to do it this time either. I've lost 5, and all but 1 were in the 1st trimester. I would love to tell you that it gets easier, but in the millisecond that you spot that 2nd pink line you are totally, 100%, head over heels in love with that bean. Just let yourself love it. Otherwise its just going to eat at you. Hugs to you!!
mommyandwife08 likes this.
Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!!

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
October 24th, 2012, 03:11 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am worried too, and I have only had one loss. I am determined to treat this pregnancy as if it was going to be a full term pregnancy. I just know I will regret it if I ignored it for several weeks and then it turned out to be fine. I will feel awful because this may be my last child. So I am trying to enjoy the time I have because I cannot change the outcome if something is wrong.

October 24th, 2012, 08:14 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
i am so worried too, i mc once before my son and 3 times since, we have been ttc for so long it hurts so much, i too am taking baby asprin and have sort of told myself everything is going to be ok because of it, i am so scared i keep telling myself not to get attached but its so hard

Jack Anthony Richard White

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search