Useless/Worst Item

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bribugg13
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 06:56 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
A s/o from the BTDT Mom thread! What was the item(s) that you thought were great when you bought them, but ended up being totally useless, or the worst item you got?

October 24th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Obviously this is just personal experience of things that weren't necessary but that other people love.

Baby Moniter: I never used it. I had DD in my room anyway so it was a waste of money

Swing: DD HATED it and I sold it brand spankin new

Bumbo: I know it got recalled but DD looked so awkward in it and she managed to get out of it/fall out multiple times.

All the really crappy carriers (Infantino and baby bjorn comes to mind and a couple others). They have no support and are super uncomfortable. I'm glad I switched quickly to the Ergo and Moby, they both kind of feel like extensions of your own body rather than a bulky attachment.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 24th, 2012, 07:04 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well its hard for me to say, with all 3 my kids theyve been so different! With my 7 month old she hated her bouncy from day one we never have used it and I have 2 so that was useless to me this time, but with my other 2 they loved it and ds even slept in his alot! I would also say with all 3 of mine the crib was pretty useless to us as well.. they just wouldnt sleep in it! This time around no crib were just going to utilize the bassinet and then go to the pack n play.. oh and I learned with ds which was my first that the wipes warmer wasnt really nessesary, ended up drying out the wipes and i ended up just getting rid of it..

October 24th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Ditto the baby monitor for us as well, Connor ended up co-sleeping, then later on bed sharing, so we never got any use out of ours either. Although, it was useful to take on vacation a few times!

Oh and Connor's crib! ha ha I think he slept in it a total of 3 times in the 2.5 years of his life!

I'll add the boppy to this list for me, as well!
Nattie84 likes this.

October 24th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Nattie84
Good ones ladies!

I am keeping it simple this time around, all that "extra" I am going without. I will be getting a carrier but I want the one that is like a sling, thats the one item I am most excited about...lol Being this is not our first time around its easier not to get sucked in to the baby buying trance.
October 24th, 2012, 08:42 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wipe Warmer and Diaper Genie here!!
October 24th, 2012, 08:55 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
#1- Diaper Genie. We bought one back when we had three in diapers and we didn't like it at all!

#2- I'm also gonna have to go with crib. We've bought so many cribs over the years, replacing them because of moves or because we think "this one is going to sleep in it!" Nope, all but two of ours have been in our bed!
bribugg13 likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 24th, 2012, 09:02 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
that would be my swing, DS hated it and it cost me a fortune!

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

October 24th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Super Mommy
For me, probably the changing table. I never felt like walking to our bedroom to change a diaper. I especially won't now that we live in a house and not an apartment. The baby monitor was pretty useless too, but I may buy one this time because I'm kind of hard of hearing and I might not be able to hear baby upstairs.
October 24th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Goes to show how different everyone is, I would have gone crazy without our video monitor! Lol

I used our pack n play maybe two times. That was a total waste for us. I can't think of anything else at the moment.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 24th, 2012, 09:37 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pack n' play, for sure. I was glad we had it for the few times we traveled with it, but we definitely could have done without it. Mostly it stayed in the bathroom so I had somewhere to put DD while I showered.

Oh, and those newborn gowns with the elastic at the bottom. I bought a million of those thinking they'd be great for middle of the night diaper changes so I didn't have to worry about pants or snaps. But they always ended up bunched around DD's armpits and looked super uncomfortable, so we never used them. Plus she was swaddled anyway, so diaper changes were always a hassle no matter what.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 24th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Ooh adding the Diaper Genie! But only because we ended up switching to cloth at 6m! lol We did use it for the first 6m, and it was OK, but probably not worth it in the long run because you have to buy the special bags to use with it, became a PITA!

I agree about those newborn gown things, they sucked! We ended up using sleep sacks (halo I think?) for awhile, and they worked SO much better!

October 24th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Pack n' play, swaddle sacks of any sort (both mine preferred just a plain sleep sack), moby wrap (super big pain to get on and both kids screamed in it)
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
October 24th, 2012, 10:30 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Ditto the diaper genie. I hated that thing.

October 24th, 2012, 02:12 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Bumbo for both girls. They screamed in it, so I sold it a few years ago. Also, the BabyBjorn. That thing was so uncomfortable!
October 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wipe warm-- so pointless!

Diaper Genie--Just gave DH the excuse not to take out the trash, and the room stunk anyways lol

Changing Table--When the baby was wet/dirty, I just laid out the blanket and changed them on the floor. I agree I didn't get up and walk to the nursery to change a bum. I got lazy lol

Bottle Warmer--I ended up never premaking formula and needing to heat it. I just made it with warm water. (I could never breast feed, bummer)

October 24th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Lauren
Oh man there was so much stuff that we didn't use with DS. The biggest waste of money had to be the Beaba baby food cooker- never used it once. Then there was the swing and bouncy seat, the bumbo, the pack n play, the list really could go on and on.
October 24th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Regular
Bottle warmer and wipe warmer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search