Doctor

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is your doctor male or female? American or foreign?

Mine is male and from Africa (I think!).

I haven't met him yet. My first appointment is tomorrow and to be honest, I'm worried I won't understand his accent!
October 24th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had black and white, males and females. When it is time to catch, it doesn't matter.
October 24th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I see a group of all women. I have never had a male gyno before. For some reason it would make me feel weird and Id much prefer seeing a woman. But I have friends who are the opposite, would much rather see a man!

All the women are American.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 24th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My current one is male and is German.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
October 24th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I've only ever seen women too. My OB is from Cleveland, but I'm assuming her parents are from India. She doesn't have an accent.

October 24th, 2012, 10:55 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With this baby I am going to a new group due to insurance changes. It is an all women group (I kind of preferred the males in my last practice). In my new practice I think 3 our of 7 women are Asian decent. I have not met any yet.. eeek
October 24th, 2012, 11:47 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to an all female group. I've never had a male gyno. From what I've read and who I've met, they're all American.

October 24th, 2012, 11:50 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have 6 doctors at my practice, two of which are asian, all women. The one you can understand perfectly and she has just the slighest accent but the other Dr. Wu is very very hard to understand and usually has a nurse to help decipher. It would be terrible if she wasn't a great doctor but she is so you just deal with the accent issues. I mean super hard to understand and I normally do not have a problem with accents.

October 24th, 2012, 12:15 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
My newest OB is a male. I had a male one with both my daughters and then I switched to a female.

I liked both but my last female doctor was terrible with the handling of my miscarriage.

I just met my new doctor a few weeks ago (was interviewing him since I decided to leave my other doc) and was dry heaving the entire time and he said you are either pregnant or have a virus. Haha, I was pregnant and can't wait to go to my first appt with him becuase he seems like a really great doctor!

~Kristin~
October 24th, 2012, 12:53 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
My midwife is a female and American. I've only ever seen female gyno's, I also feel weird seeing a man.

October 24th, 2012, 12:57 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I go to a large practice and see only the midwives. They are all women. The practice has several male OBs, but I've never seen them before. I don't think I would like it but I guess I wouldn't freak if I had to see them. I used to go to a practice that was all women OBs but they were awful to me after my miscarriage.
October 24th, 2012, 01:15 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a small group of midwives, all middle aged American women. One is a big hippie and she cracks me up but she's sort of a flake. She missed appointments with DD because she was always going on mediation retreats or delivering babies in Haiti or, the worst one, when she missed our first post-partum home visit because she was canoeing and her boat flipped and she was exhausted from the ordeal. I still love her, she really knows her stuff, I'm just glad she has a few more midwives in the practice to pick up her slack. I wouldn't have it any other way, though. I avoid doctors at all costs.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 24th, 2012, 01:23 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
My OB is a male. He is fantastic! He takes a special interest in the issues/complications that arise for me in pregnancy.. so he was an easy choice for my situation!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search