A bit worried

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By phantomsgrl11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 09:44 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Took 3 Home Positive tests, then got urine test at doctor and was negative. then they did a blood test and it was positive and had HGC in it. I am not sure how much they want me to go back on Friday for another blood test to see if the levels rise. I'm really nervous. I would only be 4 1/2 weeks along. So I am pregnant but they almost made it sound like they were unsure. Quite odd.
October 24th, 2012, 09:52 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
maybe your hcg was on the low end?gl

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 24th, 2012, 09:57 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My urine test at the doctor was also negative but my blood test was positive. Your levels could just be on the low end like miraclebaby2011 said. Mine are always on the lower end.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
October 24th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Super Mommy
I know they consider anything 25 to be negative. And some home tests are much more sensitive than the doctor's tests. I got my BFP at 12 DPO, not even a faint positive, and two days later at 14 DPO my HCG was only at 34. So considering they doubled from 12-14DPO my hcg the day of my BFP was only 17 or so.
October 24th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hoping your numbers rise quickly and everything is fine! I think I would trust a positive blood test more than a positive HPT. Plus you are still pretty early. Good luck!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 24th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks all just nervous but just going day by day. What does it mean if the levels are low?? Going back for another blood test Friday.
October 24th, 2012, 10:26 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do not think it really matters where your levels start out but just that they keep rising (doubling) between HCG draws. Good Luck hun ((Hugs))
October 24th, 2012, 10:31 AM
You would all agree I am pregnant right?

I might there is no inbetween.
October 24th, 2012, 10:37 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to let you know my numbers started at 7 even though I got a + on my hpt at that. The most important thing is the numbers double. congrats and gl again.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 24th, 2012, 10:40 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If HCG blood test says you are pregnant then you are pregnant. =) The doctors tests might not be as sensitive as yours. Normally my doctor doesn't even allow someone in until 7 weeks since your last period to be on the safe side.

Hell - I was 8 weeks pregnant and had gotten 4 ultrasounds already at my fertility doctor before switching to my regular OB and they still did the urine test when I got there. I was cracking up while the nurse waited for the positive. Wait until you get your next HCG draw - the number doesn't matter as much as the amount of rising it does. Good luck! =)
lil_fishy likes this.

October 24th, 2012, 10:51 AM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At 4.5 weeks, I didn't get a positive on my hpt. It just depends on test sensitivity. Your blood test is positive so congrats!!! Think of the next one as a confirmation

October 24th, 2012, 01:09 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Ditto on everything everybody above said.

My doctors office said their urine tests won't normally show until you are several days late for your period. So they prefer the blood test for confirmations.

And the actual number isn't what doctors go by to determine if good or bad, it is the doubling rate that indicates things should be going in the right direction.

If you got a positive blood test you are pregnant and get excited and schedule that 1st visit! Congrats!

~Kristin~
October 24th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Ok thanks everyone so at least I know I am pregnant. Will just hope and pray that the levels go up by Friday! YAY!!
October 25th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Went in for blood tests today, I will hear back tmr. I really hope my levels went up!! Praying
October 25th, 2012, 07:09 PM
missmorganxo
Just wanted to tell you that the last time I was pregnant, my blood HCG level was 132, and that's a good number... and, the urine test at the doctor's office was negative on the same day I got that blood draw.

As long as you have HCG in your body at all, and they said it was in your blood, you're 100% pregnant!
October 26th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks Morgan I didn't get my results today and i feel like it hasn't been confirmed by my doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmorganxo View Post
Just wanted to tell you that the last time I was pregnant, my blood HCG level was 132, and that's a good number... and, the urine test at the doctor's office was negative on the same day I got that blood draw.

As long as you have HCG in your body at all, and they said it was in your blood, you're 100% pregnant!
You and I are on the same exact day

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search