Share your favorite newborn/infant memory!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By BeccaMenk
  • 2 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 03:20 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since in just 8-9 months, we will all have beautiful newborns again, I thought it would be fun to share your favorite memory of them as an infant or newborn. That way first time mommies can get a sense of what to look forward to and all us BTDT can remind ourselves why all this first trimester misery is worth it!!

Jocelyn used to babble to herself in the middle of the night. This was well before she could say words. So it was just a bunch of nonsense but we would lay in bed at night and just listen to her "talk". It was like she was carrying on a conversation. She would pause and then continue again.. the cutest sounds I had ever heard. She had this glowing stuffed animal that played music and whenever it was played for her, she would talk to him.. even at 3 am in the pitch black darkness.

Gabriel used to get the "smiles" caused by gas when he was a newborn. But the best part was that he got them right BEFORE he was able to work it out and poop, lol. So I would look over at this brand new newborn and see him smiling and I could quietly make an excuse to leave the room so daddy got stuck with the dirty diaper that ensued! (That is my little secret from the hubby.. he never noticed the pattern).
edgeofelise likes this.

October 24th, 2012, 04:17 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fav memories....that moment when Ben came outand cried after a hard delivery...and something I will always remember..the first night at home when he woke up early and I started talking to him and he just stared at me with his big blue eyes and seemed to just put all his little trust in me to care for him. He was so little and inocent and so trusting in his mommy to take protect him.. It was such a beautiful moment!
MrsLat likes this.
October 24th, 2012, 04:29 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The first GIANT poop explosion was hilarious to me. It was like a scene from a sitcom! I had her propped up on my knees and she let one rip (my SIL calls it a poo-nami, lol) It was sooooo big that it went all the way up to her armpits, out the neck of her onesie, and actually got behind her ears. I remember cracking up and slightly panicking, and I put her down on her changing table and had NO idea where to even start cleaning her up. I was running around in little circles flapping my hands and just laughing.

I also just love the way they make sucking motions with their mouths when they're alseep, even when they're not sucking on anything.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 24th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
The first GIANT poop explosion was hilarious to me. It was like a scene from a sitcom! I had her propped up on my knees and she let one rip (my SIL calls it a poo-nami, lol) It was sooooo big that it went all the way up to her armpits, out the neck of her onesie, and actually got behind her ears. I remember cracking up and slightly panicking, and I put her down on her changing table and had NO idea where to even start cleaning her up. I was running around in little circles flapping my hands and just laughing.

I also just love the way they make sucking motions with their mouths when they're alseep, even when they're not sucking on anything.
LOL! This made me laugh so hard! I remember my DH came home and freaked out on me because Gabe had a blowout and it was so bad I just cut his onesie off of him. (It was his favorite onesie), so I said "FINE, IF YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA, YOU DO IT!" Next thing I hear is Alex coughing and gagging so hard and he came out and surrendered. There was poop everywhere. Good times...

October 24th, 2012, 04:53 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I loved the little squeaks and just the sound of my girls breathing as they slept. When Lily found her voice, it was so funny. It was like she was telling me a story with these silly sounds that came out of her mouth. I didn't get that with Abri- she had such terrible reflux and cried all the time. Nursing her was the only time we had quiet, so I just remember how nice it was to snuggle quietly with her on the couch or in bed.
October 24th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love how they smell!!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 24th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz253 View Post
I love how they smell!!
Ah! Me too! I remember when my DS started smelling like an older child instead of that sweet baby smell. It was a sad day lol

October 24th, 2012, 06:23 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My two fave moments with DD were during my U/S at 20 weeks and there was my daughter legs splayed right open showin off to the doc look see Im a girl...while flipping the bird. And all I could say was omg look at her little butt she has the cutest butt. Lol DH still isnt sure why but i think baby butts are cute. 2nd fave moment was after she was born and it was just me and her alone in the hospital by ourselves that night and I just held her and i felt this love like no other. It took me ten years to conceive her and in that moment it was just me and her and i knew id die for her and she was mine. You know you love them before they are born but nothing could have prepared me for the surge of love looking at my newborn.
Karen78 and MrsLat like this.
October 24th, 2012, 06:25 PM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
I remember when I was still in hospital and the nurses had taken my DD so I could get some rest. When they brought her back she had this GINORMOUS binky (num num as I call them) in her mouth lmao she looked like an alien but SO adorable at the same time! I guess she had been sucking on her hands and caused painful blisters so they gave her it.

I also just love their smell...ah everything about them is just amazing!!!
October 24th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERose View Post
I remember when I was still in hospital and the nurses had taken my DD so I could get some rest. When they brought her back she had this GINORMOUS binky (num num as I call them) in her mouth lmao she looked like an alien but SO adorable at the same time! I guess she had been sucking on her hands and caused painful blisters so they gave her it.

I also just love their smell...ah everything about them is just amazing!!!
Haha, I remember when they brought Gabe in and he had one of these pacifiers. I took it out of his mouth and he lips stayed in the "o" position lol. So cute.

October 24th, 2012, 06:37 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 View Post
Ah! Me too! I remember when my DS started smelling like an older child instead of that sweet baby smell. It was a sad day lol
I don't know if it's just my preggo nose, but I noticed with Eliza the other day that she doesn't have that sweet baby smell when she wakes up sweaty from a nap anymore. I was holding her today after she woke up and her head was making me gag, lol.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 24th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I loved doing skin-to-skin in the hospital. Calvin was all cuddled up inside my hospital gown and I couldn't stop rubbing my cheek against his super soft hair. LOVE!

He was just a few hours old and we were ready to go to bed. I was cuddling Calvin and hubby was watching me and he said "you look so beautiful with him" and his voice cracked cuz he was crying a little. I'd never seen him cry before. And haven't since. He's always said "I don't understand why people cry when they're happy". Well, now he does!!

October 25th, 2012, 06:24 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Well, I can honestly say I didn't have the easiest time to start with, as PPD kicked in fairly early. I was just lucky to have DH around for 3 months, he was such a HUGE help! And being able to travel to FL to visit his parents for 2 weeks when Connor was about 6 weeks old. The best thing for me was our nursing relationship, I'm just hoping to have it as good and easy this time around!

October 25th, 2012, 08:47 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved his little sleep sucks. He has always loved bathtime. We have a video when he was 6-7 months old and using his legs to "jump" in his baby tub and make waves. My favorite, favorite favorite memories are of his first grin and his belly laughs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search