How are your kids taking the news?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lilianasmamas
  • 1 Post By Lindz253

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 02:27 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So for mommies that have older children, how have they taken the news of a new baby? Have you told them yet? My 4 yr old daughter actually came barging into the bathroom when I was testing.. and asked what I was doing so I told her right then. This was the conversation:

Me:Guess what, mommy is going to have another baby
Jocelyn: Yeah... a baby.... (moment of silence) like the kitty!!
Me: No, a baby like you and Gabe.
Jocelyn: Yeah, you are going to have a baby like ME!!
Jocelyn: Like a BIG GIRL! *jumps*

And pretty much everyday since she has reminded that me that I will be having a baby like a big girl! haha. Gabriel is clueless but I imagine he will be much less enthusiastic about the idea.

October 24th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Regular
My DD is 5 and she is super excited to be a big sister. She even told her whole kindergarten class lol.
MrsLat likes this.
October 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I won't tell DD until i'm further along because she has a big mouth and im sure every student in her JK class and teachers will know. I'm not far enough along to feel comfortable with that yet. I think I'll tell her next year in January or even later. I think she'll be excited because she's obsessed with babies, but once baby is actually here and living with us I don't think she will be very happy at ALL

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 24th, 2012, 03:33 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eliza is too little to understand at all. She just says "Yeah, baby brother sister!"

We'll have the usual toddler jealousy I'm sure, but I lucked out and got a very sweet, gentle kid. She loves to give all her toys to other kids and isn't possessive at all. That may change, but I think we're going to have an easier time than some.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 24th, 2012, 03:44 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I haven't told my girls yet. Lily has a big mouth and would tell everyone. I'm not ready to tell my parents yet, so we'll have to wait. I happened to be looking at maternity clothes online and she watched me for a minute. Then she said "How come all those people look like they're having a baby?" She's going to figure it out any day now. She'll be great- in her mind it will be someone else that she can boss around. Abri will be interesting to see. She is such a mommy's girl but very maternal with her dolls.
October 24th, 2012, 03:56 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haven't told our kids yet, won't for a long while yet. We told them around 8 weeks last time, and they were pretty upset the day their baby brother/sister had to go to heaven! So I think its better to wait.

They will be SUPER excited though!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 24th, 2012, 03:58 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't told my daughter and I won't until I am ready for my family to know. She will announce it to everyone.

October 24th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I want to tell my oldest so bad because she will be sooooo excited but Im not going to tell my kids until after 16 weeks. I told them last time and it just about ripped my heart out telling my oldest her baby brother went to heaven. I don't want to have to do it again.

I really can't wait to tell her though. She is ALL about babies and will be a great helper.
sweety_pie likes this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 24th, 2012, 05:25 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am super excited to tell my 4 year old... but I have not. I will tell him after we see the first heartbeat ultrasound But I know he can not keep a secret at all..... so I have to make sure to let everyone know before him!
October 24th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Super Mommy
AWe havent told them yet. Last time we told before 12wks I m/c then they went around telling everybody I was having a baby and then I had the gut wrenching job off expaining. It was horrible. Im sure they will figure it out from me being sick just giving it time lol

October 24th, 2012, 06:46 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
My kids were all thrilled! They've been wanting another sibling for awhile.

October 25th, 2012, 05:25 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We haven't really told Connor yet, he is a parrot these days and since we are not telling anyone yet, I just know he would drop keywords at inappropriate times! lol We will tell him and make sure he understands after we hear the heartbeat!

October 25th, 2012, 05:54 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't told them yet ..but it was funny last night ds said we need a baby brother for paislee lol. Me and dh just looked @ eachother they will be excited ..they are very good with there baby sister and we had a lot of fun with pregnancy last time so I'm looking forward to it again

October 25th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
We lined up our girls (11, 8, 6) and told them we wanted a picture of them. Instead of having them say "cheese", we had them say "I'm going to have a baby brother or sister!" The oldest got it right away. The younger ones took a second to understand. But they are all EXCITED!! They have told everyone! Here is the picture we took:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search