He's ruining it for me.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 02:57 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The baby's dad and I are trying to be friends. He's not happy about the pregnancy, but I won't get an abortion. I was talking about how I wanted to reveal the pregnancy at my family's christmas party and he just said "what's wrong with just telling them at dinner?" I told him I wanted it to be cute and his reply was "I don't think there's anything wrong with just bluntly telling them. I told my family." And he walked away.

I get that he's freaked and all, but so am I. I also know this might be my only shot at a baby and god forbid I'm actually a little happy and excited. I'm finally getting excited about being pregnant and god willing having a baby in 9 months, but he keeps bringing me down with his negativity.

Guys are dumb.

Just my opinion right now.

October 24th, 2012, 03:01 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The opinion of "Guys are Dumb" has been my opinion for like 99% of my life, lol. They just don't get it. My DH is excited about the pregnancy and even he doesn't get what the big deal is...

I am sorry he is being a jerk. He is scared, I am sure. He may just take some time to internalize things and come to some sort of peace over the situation. But in the meantime, try not to let it rain on your parade. Be happy about this baby! It is a blessing and a miracle and something to be cherished and looked forward to

October 24th, 2012, 04:03 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That stinks that he is being like this. Do you think it is best to continue living with him? I hope things get better for you and you get more support!

October 24th, 2012, 04:08 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm sorry he's taking his insecurities out on you. I hope that once this baby comes, he'll completely change his tune
October 24th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks everyone. Honestly, I don't know if I want to continue living with him, but for now he's out of work (big surprise, right?). As long as this baby sticks, I'd like to move closer to my mom so that she can help out after the baby is born anyway (she's offered, I didn't ask). So I still have to find a way to talk to him about that.

October 24th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In the circumstance, why would you worry about his plans? If you want to move closer to your mom, do it.
October 24th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I feel like he deserves the chance to be close to the kid and everything, but if he's going to act like this the whole time, I can't handle it.

October 24th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What part of Pittsburgh are you? I have kin in tarentum.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search