Please share a recipe!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What is one of your favorite staple recipe to make?? Please share! Im bored of the same old stuff I make.

I am still REALLY in to stove top stuffing Not sure if any of you remember my post a while back about it so I will share this recipe again since its become my obsession since I became pregnant.

Chix breast
Crushed up stove top stuffing
Sour cream

Coat the chix with sour cream and then coat with the crushed stove top. Drizzle with olive oil or butter to make top crispy and bake until finsihed.

Im serving it tonight with sauteed apples and onions.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 25th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Super Mommy
YUmm that sounds good. I will have to come up with something. let me think

October 25th, 2012, 01:46 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Our favorite recipe as an entire family is probably what I call "pizza pasta." It's basically spaghetti made with rotini, sage sausage, and whatever kind of spaghetti sauce you like tossed with a couple beaten eggs layered with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, canadian bacon and whatever other pizza toppings sound good (mushrooms, olives, peppers, onions, etc). Bake it @ about 400*F until the top is golden brown and bubbly. I usually serve that with warm french bread and my family LOVES it.

I will think about it and I'm sure I will remember my other go-to recipes

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 25th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nicole*~ View Post
Our favorite recipe as an entire family is probably what I call "pizza pasta." It's basically spaghetti made with rotini, sage sausage, and whatever kind of spaghetti sauce you like tossed with a couple beaten eggs layered with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, canadian bacon and whatever other pizza toppings sound good (mushrooms, olives, peppers, onions, etc). Bake it @ about 400*F until the top is golden brown and bubbly. I usually serve that with warm french bread and my family LOVES it.

I will think about it and I'm sure I will remember my other go-to recipes
Sounds interesting! I love pasta so I will have to give this a try. Im assuming you cook the pasta first?? What estimated time would you give until it would be done? Like 20 mins? 45 mins?

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 25th, 2012, 02:41 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
White Chicken Lasagna-- My family's favorite!

1 lb chicken, cooked and cut into small chunks or shredded
1 box Rotini pasta
1 bottle alfredo sauce
16 oz Muenster Cheese, deli sliced

Melt half of the cheese into the alfredo sauce on the stove on medium. Cook the pasta and combine sauce, chicken and pasta in casserole dish. Layer the remaining cheese slices over the top and pop in the oven at 350 until the cheese melts and is bubbly. I serve it with a salad and some french bread!

You will die. Sooo freaking good. Not diet friendly though, obviously lol

October 25th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Regular
This is from Betty Crocker.com its my favorite. Its too much to copy and paste

Mini Greek Meatloaves with Tzatziki Sauce

Mini Greek Meat Loaves with Tzatziki Sauce
October 25th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Super Mommy
I'm making beef stew tonight!
-Put a soup bone in the crock with 1 tsp of vinegar for 16-24 hours to make the broth.
-Coat 1lb stew meat with 2-3 Tbsp of flour, saute until just brown in 2 T of butter.
-Add broth to cover the meat by about 2 inches. Pop in a bay leaf and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 2 hours.
-Add chopped carrots and potatoes, simmer 15 minutes.
-Add chopped celery and frozen sweet peas. Cook about 10-15 minutes longer. Remove bay leaf and serve with biscuits.
-Variations: add 1/2c. red wine when sauteing the meat. Add 2-3T tomato paste while simmering. Add thyme if you like it.
October 25th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Sounds interesting! I love pasta so I will have to give this a try. Im assuming you cook the pasta first?? What estimated time would you give until it would be done? Like 20 mins? 45 mins?
Definitely cooked! Not until it's soft though, just al dente. It will cook more in the oven. I only time when I bake and all ovens cook so differently, but I would say 20-25 minutes. Something like that, you can always adjust the temperature higher or lower depending on how long you want it to take. I didn't think I would like it at first, but I tried making it (no recipe, just the general idea) for DS1's bday and it was actually delicious. Pasta is something you can do just about anything with!!

October 25th, 2012, 05:12 PM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
I made this the other night and it was a HUGE hit in our house... have no idea what to call it, though!
Leftover rottiserie chicken (about 2 cups) shredded
1/2 can cream of celery soup (can use cream of chicken, too, I guess)
diced onions
garlic powder
Cressent rolls rolled out as 1 big layer, seams pressed together
Mix all the above and put it in the center of the cressent roll dough. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bring edges of cressent roll together on top and press seam to close. Vent with slash cuts, bake at 350 until golden. Slice and serve with a side of veggies.

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
October 25th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Can't wait to try these recipes!!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 25th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE stove top stuffing fan (even not pregnant). When I first moved out on my own at 17 I used to eat it as a meal. Have you ever tried it in meatloaf instead of using breadcrumbs? Delicious.

Also....Hi my name is Tanya and i'm addicted to cheese. And onions. I put both of those ingredients in pretty much everything I make.

I love potato salad so i'll put up my recipe for that (use the term loosely)

About 2 lbs of red potatoes
A whole package of cooked bacon (crumbled or sliced and cooked in smaller peices)
Green onion, spanish onion (both chopped very thin. I use about a bundle of green onion and half a medium spanish one) and chives
2 cups shredded cheese (any kind but I think cheddar works best)
Ranch dressing and mayonnaise (its totally up to you how much of each)
2 tablespoons of vinegar (i put a bit more because I like tangy)

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 25th, 2012, 09:06 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz253 View Post
What is one of your favorite staple recipe to make?? Please share! Im bored of the same old stuff I make.

I am still REALLY in to stove top stuffing Not sure if any of you remember my post a while back about it so I will share this recipe again since its become my obsession since I became pregnant.

Chix breast
Crushed up stove top stuffing
Sour cream

Coat the chix with sour cream and then coat with the crushed stove top. Drizzle with olive oil or butter to make top crispy and bake until finsihed.

Im serving it tonight with sauteed apples and onions.
I totally tried this tonight. It was way good!

October 25th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Also....Hi my name is Tanya and i'm addicted to cheese. And onions. I put both of those ingredients in pretty much everything I make.
Mmmmm now I want cheese enchiladas!!!

October 26th, 2012, 02:54 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sweet potato burgers are a staple in our house. I make a batch every couple of weeks and we take them for lunches.

Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
makes 7-8 large patties

2 cans cannellini white beans, drained
1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
2 Tbsp tahini
2 tsp maple or agave syrup
lemon pepper seasoning OR Cajun seasoning (or another fave spice!) to taste
1/4 cup flour
optional: additional seasoning (whatever you have on hand - I used a few dashes cayenne, black pepper and a scoop of nutritional yeast)
salt to taste if needed

plentiful Panko crumbs
safflower oil for pan

burgers: avocado, Dijon mustard, grain buns, romaine, onion, olive oil, pepper

Directions:

1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in food processor
2. Add drained beans to sweet pot. and mix.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs - or dry rice to thicken the mixture if needed.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp safflower oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs. Thick coating. Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less Panko.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search