How I am going to hide this?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ~*Nicole*~
  • 2 Post By brysonsmom
  • 1 Post By ~*Nicole*~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Regular
I am not a small girl, so I usually don't even beign to look pregnant until after 20 weeks. Hwever this being #5 (including a m/c) I am either way bloated or showing already. I seriously look 5-6 months long already and actually had a friend call me out today. I am needing to hide this from my family for some serious reasons for quite a bit yet and not quite sure how I am going to do it if this keeps up.

Sherry & Dan
Bryson (8)
Cason (3)
Hudson (21m)
Sweet angel baby 11-28-12 @ 10w
October 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Since you live in Michigan, I'm assuming it's getting pretty cold there! I would say wear sweaters and LOTS of black. Wear sweaters with high waisted belts.... That's all I got lol. Good luck
Nattie84 likes this.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 26th, 2012, 11:21 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I need to hide my pregnancy for as long as possible as well, and it is not looking good At 9w2d, I have moved into my 'fat' jeans, and sweatshirts, but it's obvious I am getting pudgy in my tummy, especially in my work clothes!

Hang in there- I hope you are able to reveal sooner rather than later!
October 26th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Super Mommy
I feel your pain this is baby number 4 pregnancy number 8 so I show fast it sucks

October 26th, 2012, 12:11 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
This is number 8 (12th pregnancy) and I had someone ask me at 5wks. I just played it off that I was offended because I knew I looked fat. I'm planning on lots of zip or button up sweatshirts. That's how I hid it until 20wks with my last one.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 26th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The bloaty look will drop some between weeks 12-16. So if you can manage till then you can claim just getting fat. Sorry you have to hide. I hope you can celebrate your baby soon!
October 26th, 2012, 12:20 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I feel your pain! This is baby #3 for me and the pudge showed up real quick this time. I saw my sister last night and she totally guessed that I was pregnant. We weren't planning on telling family for awhile, so I swore her to secrecy.
October 26th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Regular
I would love to tell family soon, but my brother and his wife just delivered their twins at 26 weeks gestation this week and I really want to give them their time and make surethese babies get to go home strong and healthy before I share the news.
Farmers-wife and ~*Nicole*~ like this.

Sherry & Dan
Bryson (8)
Cason (3)
Hudson (21m)
Sweet angel baby 11-28-12 @ 10w
October 26th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I completely understand. My sil was in the hospital on bed rest, etc with quads when I to pg with #4. We kept it to ourselves for a while, too.
October 26th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would love to wait longer too. My sister has been trying to get pg with her first & this will be our 4th. I feel bad. But last weekend we took our sons & their friends to chuck e cheese and an old man asked me how many boys we had. I said only three were mine & that the rest were friends. Then he asked if I hoped this one was a girl & he pointed to my belly. I was appalled! I finally fit back into my size four jeans & I may have gained a little weight, but how did he know I was pg?!?!? Now I'm super self conscious about what I wear. Thank god for the upcoming winter months. Hopefully I can figure out how to hide this better.

October 26th, 2012, 06:20 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I am having a hard time too! Already in pregnancy jeans...

October 27th, 2012, 12:28 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Quote:
I would love to tell family soon, but my brother and his wife just delivered their twins at 26 weeks gestation this week and I really want to give them their time and make surethese babies get to go home strong and healthy before I share the news.
I wish my sisters-in-law were like you!! That's pretty awesome of you
lil_fishy likes this.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 27th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Veteran
I've got severe bloating going on, and I've moved into my fat jeans, and baggy work clothes already. ugh. Luckily it's getting colder out so I'm rocking the sweaters and baggy sweatshirts when i'm around my family. Oh and I second the recommendation for wearing black tops and high waisted belts! I had a funeral to go to this past week, and after an hour of trying to figure out what to wear I paired one with a dress and it helped so much!
October 27th, 2012, 06:48 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sherry you are awesome!! It is super sweet of you to be so considerate of your SIL! <3
That being said you saw me with Owen you know I actually look pregnant by 12 weeks. My goal is to hold off until about Thanksgiving- when I am 9+ weeks, DH does not think I will be able to hide....

I hope no one asks me.....I don't think they will....
Try bigger sweaters... I don't know!
October 27th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Super Mommy
I am thinking I am going to buy some flowy shirts. Try and hide it the best I can

October 27th, 2012, 07:55 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by j&jmom View Post
I would love to wait longer too. My sister has been trying to get pg with her first & this will be our 4th. I feel bad. But last weekend we took our sons & their friends to chuck e cheese and an old man asked me how many boys we had. I said only three were mine & that the rest were friends. Then he asked if I hoped this one was a girl & he pointed to my belly. I was appalled! I finally fit back into my size four jeans & I may have gained a little weight, but how did he know I was pg?!?!? Now I'm super self conscious about what I wear. Thank god for the upcoming winter months. Hopefully I can figure out how to hide this better.

My grandfathers brother was like this too. It was as if he could smell pregnant people. When I was pregnant with my first, I hadn't even taken a test yet just had an idea and he CALLED to tell me I was pregnant and not to worry it was only one. LOL Talk about creepy. Then I saw him about 3 months later at my grandmothers funeral and he felt my stomach and told me it was a boy. He doesn't have a vision for anything else just babies. So weird!

October 27th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad I'm not the only one with this issue! I'm normally pretty skinny and I have small boobs, so any belly pudge is super obvious. Ugh!
October 27th, 2012, 09:33 AM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
I'm so thankful I wear scrubs! They are very forgiving. I am super bloated, too, already but I just claimed it as putting on my winter layer since I tend to gain weight in the cold and we already have snow on the ground.
Baggy clothes, but don't overdo it or it makes it more noticeable. And don't wear anything unusual for you. Good luck, ladies!

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
October 28th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomsgrl11 View Post
My grandfathers brother was like this too. It was as if he could smell pregnant people. When I was pregnant with my first, I hadn't even taken a test yet just had an idea and he CALLED to tell me I was pregnant and not to worry it was only one. LOL Talk about creepy. Then I saw him about 3 months later at my grandmothers funeral and he felt my stomach and told me it was a boy. He doesn't have a vision for anything else just babies. So weird!
That is amazing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search