I don't think my OB

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2012, 06:01 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
Is excited about me having another one.... My last pregnancy (recently) was bad. All kinds of problems and I am high risk. I saw for the first time in nine months and all she said was so we are doing this again... Kinda hurt my feelings because I felt close with her with Carter and was actually excited to see her again. But didn't feel that in return.

Maybe just my hormones or something but it hurt my feelings.

October 27th, 2012, 06:33 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
That had to have been frustrating to hear... but you never know where she was coming from that day- maybe it was an off day for her?
I hope the best for you at your next appt!
October 27th, 2012, 06:41 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The dr is there to support you and provide you with medical advice and procedures.... not to have an opinion on the pregnancy. I am so sorry
October 27th, 2012, 06:58 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh I would've felt the same as you if she said that to me ....maybe it was a bad day for her...hopefully your next apointments will go bettrr!!!

October 27th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Super Mommy
I kind of know how you feel. I don't know if I'm imagining it or not, but I always feel discriminated against, too. I'm sure it's just my imagination. I feel like people are really surprised that I'll have three kiddos before I'm 25, not that I care much about what people think, but still.
October 27th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Super Mommy
OMG I cant believe she had that response! I am so sorry that she was upsupportive....hopefully next time she will be more supportive...I dont mean to be nosey but can I ask what kind of complications you had with the last pregnancy that might have made her respond that way?
October 27th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My ob sends me thank you notes. His staff on the other hand isn't always thrilled to see me!
October 27th, 2012, 08:19 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
I had preeclampsia and my blood pressure was in the 200's and had pregnancy carple tunnel and rhinitis then asthma... It was one thing after another when they decided to take Carter I was 35 weeks and we both when into distress.

October 27th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Im sorry you didn't get the warm welcome you were wanting. She could have shown concern for your health plus still been welcoming. I sure hope you don't have to go through all that again!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 27th, 2012, 09:40 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
That's too bad that she said that People, especially a female OB, should know how easy it is for a pregnant woman to take things personally. It sucks when you feel like you have a good rapport with someone until they do something that makes you think twice!

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 27th, 2012, 11:54 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I had pre-e with my first and it did not present in my 2nd or 3rd pregnancy. I hope the same for you.

October 27th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah, I had preeclampsia pretty bad with my first, with my second I had it, but it was so mild.
October 27th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Super Mommy
Ugh im so sorry to hear you had such a hard time sounds like you were in so much discomfort! I hope that with this pregnancy things go much smoother for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search