Spotting after vaginal ultrasound and exam?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lindz253

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On Thursday, I got to see my little bean flashing on the u/s. I've been spotting since and have read that it can be totally normal. I'm just curious how many of you have some bleeding after us and/or exam? I can't help but to worry even though it seems normal. If you do, how much, for how long, what color?
October 27th, 2012, 09:23 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just had a pap smear and cervix exam no u/s but I started with a bit of bleeding and dr said it's just your cervix is sensitive and irritated and then it turned to brown spotting. I had it on and off for 12 hrs yesterday as well as cramping a bit but much better today.

October 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you have a vaginal US done? Did you have a pap afterwards?

I declined having a pap because I didn't want to spot. Spotting after an exam is definitely normal. I would think it wouldn't be very much and would turn brown and stop by the next day.

Duh, I just read on the title you had a vag US. I didn't have a vaginal one so Im not sure but Im sure since its something inside you it can irritate things. I would try not to worry.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 27th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have a pap, but he did insert the speculum and do a vaginal us. It was pink, but now it's more like brown discharge like at the end of period. It's not much and only when I wipe. No cramping, but it scares me!
October 27th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My midwife refused to do my pap because of the potential for spotting. She says it does nothing but cause unwarranted worry and fear, not to mention discomfort. My pap smear is moved to a later date in my pregnancy where the chance of any spotting is very low.

I would say that as long as it is just spotting, pink/brown then you're fine. If it turns bright red, turns into a drizzle, or the cramping is coming regular and severe I would make an emergency appointment.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

October 27th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Any spotting is scary. Im sorry you are going through it. But thank goodness no cramping and its not bright red - and it came after an exam. All signs are looking good that you are just fine
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search