HCG rising, but not doubling? Please help me? :(

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Lindz253
  • 2 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By ~*Kudzu*~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2012, 05:12 PM
missmorganxo
I'm sick to my stomach. My HCG went from 30 to 48 in two days. Doctor said it's good that it's rising, and not to worry yet. Wth does not worry 'yet' mean? I'm devastated. I still feel pregnant and my tests are dark. But, it didn't double. Please tell me my peanut could be okay.

I need good stories about women who have had this. I'm so scared. Please post your story.
October 27th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Super Mommy
Has your doctor done an u/s? If your doc isnt worried about it, then I wouldnt worry....When will they check your levels again? I am sure everything will be just fine Try to hang in there and please KUP
October 27th, 2012, 05:29 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Everyone's hcg doubles differently. Mine did not completely double with my daughter early on and she is here. Sometimes while the numbers can give you insight it doesn't give you the complete picture. If you are not cramping or bleeding please try to relax. I will be thinking of you and your bean.

October 27th, 2012, 05:30 PM
missmorganxo
Thank you, all.

They're checking them again Monday. I'm sick with worry until then.
October 27th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope you get a really good number on Monday! Prayers for you and your bean!
missmorganxo likes this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 27th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Super Mommy
They SAY that HCG should double. But really they're looking for a 60% rise over 48-72 hours, and yours is 62%! I wouldn't worry, I know it's hard, but you gotta stay positive.
October 27th, 2012, 08:28 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Mine didn't double fast with my last pregnancy. It's acgually 48-72hrs that it's supposed to double. They had me so worried that I finally just stopped getting my levels checked, knowing there was nothing I could do. My dd is 17mths now.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 28th, 2012, 04:47 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any experience with this.. but I was reading a really interesting article on misdiagnosed miscarriages. It said it should double every 2 to 3 days, so it may have gotten to that point by today and you are in the okay range still. And it also said they found that 20% that DONT follow that still ended up in a successful pregnancy. There is still a lot of hope that things will work out okay! Try not to stress!

October 28th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any experience with this. I've only had my numbers checked once and it was after a m/c to make sure they were going down. However, I hope the best for you and your little bean. It sounds like there still is a lot of successful stories here. Another way all pregnancy are different & unpredictable.

October 28th, 2012, 08:33 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
An u/s wont show anything until your pregnancy hormones are over 1000 and even then its ust a gestational sac. Its very possible your numbers are just slow to rise. i will keep my fingers crossed for you

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

October 28th, 2012, 10:50 AM
missmorganxo
Thanks, all.
October 28th, 2012, 11:42 AM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
My numbers are more at the closer to 72 hour mark, too. I'm going with the "I'm not cramping, I'm not bleeding... everything's fine!!" train of thought. I know its hard! I, too, got my lowest numbers on a Friday and spent all weekend worrying (last weekend). So I think the best thing you can do is stop testing, enjoy your weekend and try to focus on today. Let the rest take care of itself. Hugs to you!!!
missmorganxo likes this.

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
October 28th, 2012, 01:45 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bled with my son for 7 weeks so I had a lot of blood draws and I didnt double after 48 hours, it would go up but never double and my son is two years old now. Hope that helps
October 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM
missmorganxo
Thanks, that gives me hope.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search