Vitamins

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2012, 08:37 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I am sure this is posted somewhere, but question about vitamins. I feel like mine are making me feel worse. I started taking them about a week ago, and my stomach is just....ugh.
Anyone else having that problem? What kind of vitamins are you taking? Any advice?

Thanks
October 29th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Nattie84
I know this is gonna sound bad but I am not taking my vitamins right now, my stomach is to iffy and it doesnt take much for it to get unsettled. I wont start taking mine until I start feeling truly better.
October 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Vitamins are horrid on my stomach. My OB with my first pregnancy suggested taking 2 flinestone vitamins until my stomach could handle the prenatals. You could also take them before bed if you dont want to go the flinestone route.

October 29th, 2012, 09:38 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I got a TON of samples from my midwife, so I've been taking a different one every few days. Yes, they can definitely make you feel worse. I took one new one and was SO sick for the next 2 days! I didn't take the rest of that batch!! I took a prescription one with Connor, and depending on the price this time around, I may do it again as well. Prior to getting pregnant, I was taking a CVS store brand - I would just need to supplement a DHA vitamin.

October 29th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am taking Nature made with DHA from Target. I take it before I go to bed and so far so good. A friend of mine was getting sick from hers so she started taking the vita fusion prenatal gummies with DHA and they didn't make her sick.

October 29th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Silvinsky's Avatar Member
I take "folidex" (italian name) it's folic acid for the pregnancy.

October 29th, 2012, 11:15 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I haven't gotten any vitamins yet this time, but will probably go the gummy route. I couldn't stomach any vitamins with my last pregnancy.
October 29th, 2012, 11:24 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The vita gummies made me sick with ds those also dont have iron so be sure to take an iron supplement with those. Now I take Target brand

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

October 29th, 2012, 01:27 PM
missmorganxo
I take prenatal gummies, they're okay but still make me sick! I hate vitamins when I'm already sick to my stomach
October 29th, 2012, 05:56 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also take the gummies, the Vitafusion ones. They don't make me sick. They also don't have iron though.. so when my tummy is doing a little better I will have to add an iron supplement. My OB said the same thing... try flintstones vitamins until the second trimester and m/s has died down.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search