Hope I/we can stomach Thanksgiving yall....

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By CCR
  • 1 Post By BlessednHighlyFavored
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By BeccaMenk
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By Farmers-wife
  • 1 Post By lil_fishy
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 1 Post By bribugg13
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan
  • 1 Post By Mrs. D

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Nattie84
I know TG is still quite a ways off but now is a round the time we start making our holiday plans and I plan my menu, right now I cant stomach to think about some of the foods that I typically love. I dont know if I am going to be able to cook anything or eat anything for that matter...my hubby and kids are gonna be disappointed. If thats the case but we may have to go eat at a family members house, I hope I can enjoy at least a few of my favorite holiday foods this year. *cross fingers*

What about you ladies, what the plan for Thanksgiving and do you have a plan B incase you dont feel up to cooking/eating?
October 29th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Super Mommy
Thanksgiving is usually at my grandparents house. I have a huge family so thankfully no one will notice if I'm not eating too much.
Nattie84 likes this.
October 29th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We will actually be at Disney World the week of thanksgiving. Won't have to cook just hope I will be able to eat!
Nattie84 likes this.

October 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am doing all the cooking. It will be trajic if I cant cook or eat.lol
Nattie84 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 29th, 2012, 11:38 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I have no idea what we are doing. I usually cook though even if I am at my parents. It's not a huge get together anymore since the grandparents passed.
Nattie84 likes this.

October 29th, 2012, 12:02 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ill be just creeping into the second trimester by that time...and am hoping ill be fine by then. It was around 14 weeks i started to get better with ds....and my MS has not been as bad this time. Fingers crossed!I dont expect my normal appetite though. Im debating if I want to volunteer to cook this year...
Nattie84 likes this.
October 29th, 2012, 12:22 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because of all the food!! I hope I'll be able to eat. When I was pregnant with Abri, I was so disappointed in Thanksgiving. I was finally over the nausea, but nothing tasted good that year. We host a huge Thanksgiving at my house (thinking it will be 21 people this year), but have people bring a few dishes. I will be cooking a few sides and a few desserts.
Nattie84 likes this.
October 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hubby is a chef and does most the cooking. I will be 11 weeks exactly and with both my last pregnancies, I was feeling a lot better by then. So I am hopeful!!
Nattie84 likes this.

October 29th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I could be smack in the middle of ms. We go to my inlaws and I make the desserts. I have made some pretty amazing stuff over the years, but when I was pg with #6 I was sick! I taut my daughters to make some things and now those are the things they want. I also don't really help clean up anymore as I send my three girls as proxy. We haven't told anyone yet, but it will be out by then.
Nattie84 likes this.
October 29th, 2012, 08:54 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last time I was 12 weeks at thanksgiving and all I ate was a whole plays of asparagus vinegarette. I cooked that year and went to bed almost as soon as we were done eating. Thankfully, my mom and aunt did all the dishes. This year we are driving 8-9 hours to a relatives house. I am looking forward to the party, but not the drive. All I know is that if they try to make turkey stock afterwards, I'm leaving! This pregnancy and last pregnancy, I couldn't stand the smell of chicken or turkey soup ...
Nattie84 likes this.

October 29th, 2012, 09:33 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanksgiving will be at my great aunt's. I'll be just 12 weeks so hopefully my ms will be a lot better and I won't have to worry about it too much, but luckily no one will notice what I do and don't eat!
Nattie84 likes this.

October 30th, 2012, 07:15 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Mmmm, can't wait for Thanksgiving! We will be at my parents house this year with all of my favorite, traditional items! I'll be making the pies, and a couple special dishes for DH that are traditional/favorites from his family!
Nattie84 likes this.

October 30th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am actually doing all of the cooking this year (mine and SO's first holiday together) with a little help from a good friend (whose family is joining us).. I'll be just past 11 weeks and hopefully feeling much better by then. I can't wait.. Even if I can't eat, I will be able to cook no problem.
Nattie84 likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
October 30th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I had HORRIBLE morning sickness with DS. I might be completely out of commission food-wise until the end of the 2nd trimester. I'll at least make a turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and pie. But I may not be able to eat much of it.
Nattie84 likes this.
October 30th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Nattie84
I really love the holidays, my fave time of the year...I really hope I get to enjoy. I doubt I will be doing black friday this year, I dont think I will have the energy.
October 30th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
We already had thanksgiving (canadian thanksgiving was the weekend of October 6th) and it sucked. I threw up at my inlaws multiple times but after that the food tasted great haha hope your all able to enjoy!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search