Turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ~AmazedByYou~
  • 1 Post By Mama2Angels

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2012, 12:14 AM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
Well after my long rocky road of pregnancy and not knowing what was going on...I just got home after over 5hrs in the ER.

My OB called me back earlier after getting my disappointing hcg levels...the doc looked over everything and told me she wanted me to go straight to the ER as she suspected I could be having a tubal pregnancy.

Being quite shaken by this I went not knowing what to expect and to cut a long story short they took my hcg levels which had gone up by 100 but still very low and an u/s showed no baby in my uterus...but also my tubes were clear.
They couldn't find the baby anywhere yet they knew it was somewhere it shouldn't be and it was for sure ectopic.

Had a shot which will terminate the baby wherever it is and hopefully they caught it just in time...I'm so glad I went to my OB about the spotting to check for a UTI 2weeks ago else this could have progressed and got much worse!

Anyway...I'm still very shaken up, but I finally have an answer and can concentrate on recovering!

Thank you ladies yet again for your support! I have to wait 2months before we can ttc again and obviously now I am high risk for another ectopic...but I'm hopeful we won't give up!

Good luck everyone!
October 30th, 2012, 01:15 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry to hear this! I am, however, thankful also that they did find an answer and were able to stop things from being more dangerous. I wish you all the luck in the world when you TTC again and prayers that you never have to experience this situation and heartache again.

October 30th, 2012, 02:57 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry, but also very glad that you have finally been given an answer. I wish you luck.

October 30th, 2012, 03:27 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
So sorry, and glad you have good care
October 30th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you finally know what is going on and I'm sorry you have to go through this. Good luck to you in the future!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 30th, 2012, 06:32 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I'm so glad you're ok and found out what was going on. I hope you are able to heal quickly and can ttc when you're ready.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 30th, 2012, 09:01 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am so sorry! You will be in my thoughts!

October 30th, 2012, 10:07 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
((Hugs)) so sorry
October 30th, 2012, 11:25 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
thinking of you

October 30th, 2012, 12:25 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm glad they finally figured it out and got to it before it progressed too much. Best of luck TTC, take care of yourself and keep us posted!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 30th, 2012, 02:51 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad that you are no longer in limbo. Waiting for answers is terrible. Best of luck to you.

October 30th, 2012, 03:07 PM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
Thank you, I'm relieved too I can finally mourn my loss and focus on the future...get back to some normality. I just never imagined I would have an ectopic pregnancy...I thought they were rare. Then the fact my first pregnancy was perfectly healthy.

I'm going to stay hopeful and put this down to just a one time random occurance! We decided to wait til March to try...enjoy the holidays and give my body plenty of time to heal.
Only thing that really upset me is that my belly had a little bump already and knowing now that there was never a baby in my womb...pretty heartbreaking my bump was actually from swelling...a bad thing.
October 30th, 2012, 03:25 PM
briellelynette's Avatar Veteran
I'm so sorry to hear that.

October 30th, 2012, 04:39 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Just popping in from the April DDC. I wanted to just give you hope. I have had two ectopic pregnancies and lost my right fallopian tube with the last one. I have a perfectly healthy 3 year old and am currently pregnant with another beautiful baby. Don't give up hope, and they really are more common than you'd think *hugs*
Mama2Angels likes this.

October 30th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AmazedByYou~ View Post
Just popping in from the April DDC. I wanted to just give you hope. I have had two ectopic pregnancies and lost my right fallopian tube with the last one. I have a perfectly healthy 3 year old and am currently pregnant with another beautiful baby. Don't give up hope, and they really are more common than you'd think *hugs*
Hi, I'm lurking from the Feb. 2013 DDC. Ectopics are rare but they do happen. I've had three consecutive ectopic pregnancies, the first two in my left tube which I ended up losing because the methotrexate shot didn't work for each and both pregnancies required surgery. My third ectopic was just like yours. They weren't able to find it in my remaining tube but for sure there was nothing in my uterus. I ended up getting a the shot and it worked, so no surgery. I waited 6 months to TTC because the shot they give for ectopics is very toxic (it's a low dose chemotherapy) and can cause severe birth defects. All of my ectopics were unexplained because I don't have any of the risk factors to make me more prone to them, but after the first there was a bigger risk that I would have more ectopics.

I'm now 25 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and all is going well

All will work out, you'll see!
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

Never going to forget my angels in heaven. Until we meet again my loves. Mommy loves you.

October 30th, 2012, 05:25 PM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
Thank you. Yeh I guess when you don't hear much about something, it just becomes unknown! You always worry about miscarriage but never think about something like this...who wants to???

Had a little cry today with my fiance, but we are keeping hopeful...thanks for giving me more hope it is much needed!

Edit: I'm sorry you both lost your tubes...they found a cyst on my left ovary aswell so I don't know if that had anything to do with it, I've always suffered with cysts but was never told they could affect pregnancies even when I had one rupture pretty bad. I had my daughter fine. Yeh I'm hoping the shot works, they seemed confident it would but I have follow up bloodwork tomorrow and an appointment with my OB Thurs. And wow 6months to try? They told me 2! Thanks for that heads up!

Last edited by ERose; October 30th, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
October 30th, 2012, 06:06 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm sorry it ended up being ectopic! I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope to hear news of a healthy pregnancy from you soon!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search