Pets

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2012, 09:19 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Do you have any pets?
Are you worried about their reactions to the new baby?

October 30th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
4 dogs. No. I have the best dogs ever. I just had to put my Aussie down. She was amazing. She was spayed at four months but helped me raise three puppies, 7 babies, train goats, protect chickens. I love my dogs more than I like most people.
October 30th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have one dog named Oscar. He was fine with my two girls so Im not worried about him. Well, he will eat poopy diapers so I am worried about making sure he doesn't get those!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 30th, 2012, 09:52 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a dog, 2 cats, and a guinea pig. This is our third go-round at the whole newborn thing so I'm not worried at all. Our animals are used to it by now.

October 30th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
We have 2 cats that still have their claws. I was really nervous with my son, but they are fine with him. Mostly they just try to avoid him. So I'm not worried about them and the new baby.

October 30th, 2012, 10:00 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I have 2 cats. Is anyone worried about the cat hair and new baby?
October 30th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one dog, a yorkie. And, I am a bit worried about how he will act around a new baby. He's just so hyper and has no boundaries.
October 30th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiejo1982 View Post
I have 2 cats. Is anyone worried about the cat hair and new baby?
I love my cats, but I despise the hair!! Really, there isn't much of an issue when the baby is a newborn though. Once they start having tummy time and rolling around, we put down a blanket. Vacuuming can only get so much, ya know?

October 30th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have two great danes and a cat. Our dogs are great with kids but our girl is clumsy and hyper at times. They like to lay on the couch for 95% of the day so we're not too worried. Our cat hates all kids except for my step-son he probably won't be too thrilled with a baby but he'll get over it. He just keeps to himself if he doesn't like something.
October 30th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
We have a dog named Snoop. I'm not too worried. He was my DH's before we got married and appearantly he did great when his girls were born.
October 30th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Super Mommy
We have a cat, who is incredibly tolerant of crazy children. We have a kitty door that goes down into the basement so he can go hide whenever he wants. My puppy can get a little wild at times, but he's never bitten my kids or my nieces, so I'm not worried there. But he can be very clumsy when someone is playing with him.
October 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
We have two dogs and a stray cat we've informally adopted lol. I'm not worried. We had the dogs before the birth of our first dd and they were very good about it
October 30th, 2012, 10:52 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We have a dog and a cat, and they were both fine with Connor. The cat ignored him and Jack (the dog) we prepared before we brought Connor home. DH brought home a baby blanket that was used to wrap Connor in, and let Jack sniff it and lay with it a few days before we brought him home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search