What is the first thing you plan on purchasing?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2012, 11:26 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Soo... it has been really hard on me seeing all these losses lately. I am having a really hard time feeling like this pregnancy is for real. So, my hubby Alex thought I should buy something for the baby, to try and help get some positive mojo flowing. I just don't know where to begin!

I thought about maybe buying some yarn and stuff to start working on a baby blanket, or maybe finding a gender nuetral outfit. I know some people think it is bad luck, but I am hoping everything turns out okay... I think I am also going to buy my very first cloth diaper--so excited for that!

Have you purchased anything for the baby yet? Do you know what you are going to buy first?

October 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
if this baby is a boy we will only need a new pram, i have spied out which 1 i love!!!

ig its a girl we will need a few clothes

October 30th, 2012, 11:38 AM
If it's a girl, we will need a crib, and dresser, as our other 2 girls are in cribs still.
If it's a boy, my first purchase will probably be clothes.
October 30th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We don't really need anything, unless its a boy then we would need clothes. But we arn't finding out so I guess I could buy gender neutral clothing. We have gender neutral items like stroller, crib/bedding...all the big things.

I did buy myself a maternity top and maternity leggings.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gotten all the newborn cloth diapers we'll need, though I might get a few more covers once we find out the sex. The first big item we'll get is a swing. We would've been lost without it with DD, but it was borrowed so now we need one of our own. We also need an infant carseat and a new Boppy pillow--I lent mine to a friend and she lent it to someone else who ended up having bedbugs. I think we have enough gender neutral clothes, and people love to buy clothes as gifts even when you tell them you don't need any, so we'll hold off on that.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 30th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Nattie84
I dont know, I dont have any baby stuff from my girls so either way we will have alot to buy. I think we will try to get the big items out of the way early on.
October 30th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have NO idea. I would like to settle on a nursery theme, so I can start doing crafty things. And the news that Disney just bought LucasFilm and Star Wars is making me nervous, because Star Wars is what we're leaning toward using (because it's VERY gender neutral), and I don't want the Disney brand to make the licensed stuff more expensive than it already is...
wanttobeinvienna likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 30th, 2012, 04:52 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I will be buying some maternity pants with long inseam that actually fit. Every single pregnancy I've made due with used or walmart maternity pants that are way too short. That will technically be for me, but Baby will get to ride around in them for quite a while.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 30th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We already have a girl and a boy, so we really don't need anything. I just got an Aden and Anais swaddler for 40% off at a store closing and a new Didymos woven wrap during Babywearing Week. I think I'm going to keep it at that for now!
October 30th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not even planning on buying anything yet. If it turns out to be a girl we'll probably need to get some new cloth diapers and clothes. We'll need a new carseat, too. Not sure if we'll want to get a whole travel system or just get an infant seat that will fit in our existing stroller. I think we'll wait to find out boy or girl before we start buying a lot of stuff. But I will probably start getting maternity clothes before then
October 30th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
A crib! DD will still be in hers by the time this baby is born.
October 30th, 2012, 06:21 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We pretty much just need an infant carseat and converter for my jogging stroller to use as just a regular stroller with the carseat. The other stuff we have and it's gender neutral. I would get hand me down boy clothes from my sister if it's a boy. Oh, we'd need boy crib bedding since all I have is pink flowers.
October 30th, 2012, 11:18 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I already bought a diaper bag. Shhh... don't tell dh.
If it's a girl, we're set. If it's a boy, we have nothing.
MrsLat likes this.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 31st, 2012, 12:15 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A new stroller i want a jogging one. New infant carseat as i wont reuse those. A bassinet and a crib. DD's crib converts into a daybed so she will get to use that for years to come still.
October 31st, 2012, 04:53 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, this is my first one so I don't have anything. My mom got a whole nursery set from a friend whose grandson just transitioned into a toddler bed. There's a crib, dresser, changing table, and a rocker. I told her not to bring it here because I feel it's bad luck and if something were to happen, I couldn't stand to see it in my house. I told my mom she's not allowed to buy anything until 20 or 24 weeks. What I really wish is that my grandma was still alive to crochet this baby something. I can crochet and I love to, but it's not the same. My sister has two kids, a boy and a girl so I suppose I'll get some hand-me-downs from her. Otherwise, I'm not too interested in buying anything.

October 31st, 2012, 05:34 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
We will need everything except a bassinet and crib which my daughter had used. Other than that, we have nothing! Blah. We haven't bought anything except a babyville book that has patterns for cloth diapers. I might start making a baby blanket soon.
October 31st, 2012, 05:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't NEED anything other than diapers but I did score an excellent condition Arms Reach Cosleeper for $30 this week!! Woot woot. I have wanted one for a long time but didn't want to shell out the money.

Oh yeah, and I bought a new Ergo carrier when they were on sale on babysteals.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
October 31st, 2012, 05:45 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
If it's a boy, we won't really need much at all! Some new/extra cloth diapers and that's really it!

If it's a girl I'm going to go pink crazy! LOL I'll need ALL new clothes and girly colored cloth diapers!!

October 31st, 2012, 06:52 AM
Nattie84
oh I change my first pick, I cant wait to buy a few sets of cloth diapers!
bribugg13 likes this.
October 31st, 2012, 07:10 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I have NOTHING. Like, not one thing. So I can't imagine what the first purchase will be! Probably starting with maternity clothes, and then progress from there!

beatlechicksteph: I am pretty excited about the Disney/Lucasfilms purchase, but I totally see your concern- a couple of things. Pottery Barn kids had an awesome collection of Star Wars nursery/bedroom stuff about 2 years ago. You can find them online all the time. Pinterest has a lot of awesome Star Wars kids room DIY ideas, and etsy always has smoking awesome deals and unique finds for Star Wars Stuff. My son had a Star Wars room for years. I got a projector and did the alliance logo on one wall, and then painted the rest of the room navy blue. I found kites that were the Millennium Falcon, and X wing, and a Tai fighter for $10 each at TJ Maxx (regularly $60 each). Then we printed pictures off the internet and decoupaged letters of his name in them. I got an industrial looking shelf and put his amazingly cool collection of star wars stuff on it. (My brother had all of his original star wars stuff from the 70's & 80's including an Imperial Guard, Darth Vader, and Storm Trooper helmets.) Anyways- off topic, but point is there are some really amazing things you can do without spending a ton of money!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search