Cloth Diapering Mama's

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By noah and lola's mommy
  • 1 Post By edgeofelise
  • 1 Post By 8miraclez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2012, 12:29 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I know we talked about this a while back, but I can't find the thread! I am going to try cloth diapering this baby and I am very excited about it. I want to start stocking up on some diapers now so the financial burden isn't so much near the end of my pregnancy.

So... what is your favorite brand of cloth diaper and/or type of diaper? And how many do you think would make a good beginning stash? Thanks guys!

October 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
We used the bum genius one size. They were practical - in that they fit until potty training. They don't have tons of prints, but do the job. My kids don't usually run around in a diaper anyway. So we will do the same... I will buy a few new ones to add to my stash.
bribugg13 and MrsLat like this.

October 30th, 2012, 01:23 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We didn't start cloth with DD until she was 4 months, so I don't have any newborn experience. For this one I ended up getting mostly prefolds and covers--it's the cheapest option and we'll only use then until the baby fits into the one-size diapers we have for Eliza. My favorite brands are Thirsties Duo diapers and Fuzzibunz One-Size. I prefer pockets because they dry quickly and you can customize the absorbency. We just add a hemp booster at night and they work great with no leaks.

I also love fitted diapers with fleece shorties for little babies who tend to have a lot of blowouts. Eliza was a mess with disposables and the poo would go all the way up her back sometimes, but fitted diapers with fleece can hold in ANYTHING. We have a few smalls that will bridge the gap between newborn and OS. They're sorta spendy, but it's worth it to have a few in the stash IMO.

I can't wait to try cloth on this one!
MrsLat likes this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 30th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions!

October 30th, 2012, 04:28 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I make my own diapers, but for the newborn stage, before one size diapers fit, I just use prefolds and covers. They are super easy with an ebf baby.
MrsLat likes this.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 30th, 2012, 04:52 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
For newborns I love kissaluvs size 0 and covers.

October 31st, 2012, 07:02 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We started CD'ing Connor around 6 months. He has about 15-17 diapers (a small stash, but it works. I do CD laundry every 3-4 days usually). We only use one size pocket diapers. I have a mix of Fuzzibunz and BumGenius. I think I prefer the BG's over the FBs most days. I also only use snaps. I got one velcro (hook n loop) to start, and hated it! The velcro wore out pretty quickly, and I'm not crafty enough to replace it lol I'm actually going to try to sell it to someone who can fix it themselves.

I've bought most of my CD's from CottonBabies, but have heard good things about Kelly's Closet. We also have a local boutique I love, they have an online presence as well (All About Baby)

October 31st, 2012, 07:47 AM
Nattie84
I have learned so much from you ladies, I am so happy I found this site!!!

I too will be cloth diapering this time around, I wish I had done it the last two times but I hadnt even considered it because I though it would cost to much and that you HAD to have a service. We will be using econobums with this baby ( I think thats the name) and I am super excited!!!
October 31st, 2012, 01:42 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I preferred using prefolds and covers in the newborn stage. I had 2 dozen infant sized prefolds, and 6 small covers. That lasted about 4 months and then we moved up to the regular sized prefold, medium covers, and then pockets. I found brands to be child specific. BumGenius fit Lily well, but Abri had a buddha belly and the BumGenius just wouldn't work. She did well with Fuzzibunz. My favorite place to buy prefolds is Green Mountain Diapers. I watched for seconds sales where you could get prefolds that had a stitching error for a little cheaper (still worked just the same). I also like Mom's Milk Boutique. They have good selection of new diapers, and you can buy excellent condition used diapers at a deal.
October 31st, 2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
I preferred using prefolds and covers in the newborn stage. I had 2 dozen infant sized prefolds, and 6 small covers. That lasted about 4 months and then we moved up to the regular sized prefold, medium covers, and then pockets. I found brands to be child specific. BumGenius fit Lily well, but Abri had a buddha belly and the BumGenius just wouldn't work. She did well with Fuzzibunz. My favorite place to buy prefolds is Green Mountain Diapers. I watched for seconds sales where you could get prefolds that had a stitching error for a little cheaper (still worked just the same). I also like Mom's Milk Boutique. They have good selection of new diapers, and you can buy excellent condition used diapers at a deal.
I found the Green Mountain Diapers website last night and I bookmarked it to buy the prefolds! I have heard a lot of good things through reviews about it so I am pretty excited.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search