I really want a Sub

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By laurenicole
  • 1 Post By Lindz253
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 4 Post By navywifey2003
  • 3 Post By 8miraclez
  • 2 Post By Kalynas_Mom
  • 1 Post By LisaS
  • 1 Post By Karenna
  • 1 Post By MissErica

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2012, 08:42 AM
briellelynette's Avatar Veteran
So I've always enjoyed making or getting a sub from Subway, should I stray away from it? I'm really really really craving one right now but I've heard people talk about processed meats not being a good thing to eat unless the meat was heated up. I don't think I even thought about this when I had my twins, lol, I just ate what I wanted (minus some fish) but that was further along when I stopped puking so much and could hold food down.

October 31st, 2012, 09:05 AM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
Maybe have them toast it? Subway sounds good to me, too. My Dr is actually the one who brought up not eating deli meats at my appt, and i don't like them toasted, so I'm going to wait.
briellelynette likes this.
October 31st, 2012, 09:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm waiting on eating deli meats too. It helps that a sandwich doesn't even sound good right now

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 31st, 2012, 09:11 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been hungry for a sub too. I like them toasted though so its all good here.

October 31st, 2012, 09:26 AM
Think I'm gonna get them to toast it if I do, I hate having strong craving sometimes and then it takes me forever to eat it,lol.

October 31st, 2012, 09:28 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
In my opinion since the risk of listeria is so low I would eat it. Ive been so sick that my mentality is if it sounds good, stays down then I am going to eat it. I cant starve.

October 31st, 2012, 09:38 AM
Well said Navywifey2003 I'm just happy I can eat little things again.

October 31st, 2012, 09:40 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Yumm.... Subway sounds good for lunch.
You actually have a higher chance of getting food poisoning from a hamburger, than getting listeria. I say if it sounds good, eat it.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 31st, 2012, 10:20 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I ate a whole package of cold salami last night.....I wouldn't worry about it but if you are just have them toast it
briellelynette and Fannich like this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 31st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Veteran
How ironic! I was coming home from work today and did not feel like cooking. I love subway and there's one on the way home. Normally I get the spicy Italian but this time I stuck with just veggies. Definitely not as good but I got my sweet onion sauce!! I agree the chance is really low and if you are comfortable with the chances then go for it! I'm just one of those people that worry, worry, worry and I'd just think about it all night and probably all day tomorrow if I had eaten deli meats. So in the end not worth the stress, but that's just me personally. Most people are more logical than me lol!

October 31st, 2012, 04:05 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol with my ds i craved subway the whole time but felt guilty at the idea of eating it. I dont like the heated subs. Anyway, as soon as he was born and I could eat my husband went and bought us subs. It was awesome lol. This time i am mot as worried I guess...I have eaten subway once but I try to stay away just in casem
October 31st, 2012, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I bet you could ask them to microwave just the meat for you. That will kill any bacteria and you won't have to get it toasted.
Fannich likes this.
November 1st, 2012, 09:29 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doctor told me last pregnancy that the risk of harmful bacteria is so small she doesn't tell her patients to avoid deli meat. People have been having babies for thousands of years and it's only been recently that all these "no no's" have been stressed. If it sounds good, eat it.

November 1st, 2012, 09:44 AM
Super Mommy
I am completely OBSESSED with subway LOL! I crave it literally every day but have been unsure about eating it too....i did however cave in one day
Fannich likes this.
November 1st, 2012, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
My doctor told me last pregnancy that the risk of harmful bacteria is so small she doesn't tell her patients to avoid deli meat. People have been having babies for thousands of years and it's only been recently that all these "no no's" have been stressed. If it sounds good, eat it.
Ditto. I asked my midwife and it wasn't really a concern for her, either.
I eat deli meat maybe once a week or so.
But I usually get meatball subs, mmmm.
Fannich likes this.
November 1st, 2012, 01:24 PM
I have been craving Subway too! I haven't eaten any deli meat at this point but after reading some of the posts...maybe , I could have them heat just the meat.

Cheri

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search