Livid

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bluesparkles

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2012, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not sure how many people read my germaphob post but to recap I was picking up my youngest from school yesterday and a mom was telling me her younger daughter was throwing up and that she felt sick too. Well I just picked Alexis up from school and sure enough at the end of class her son threw up. So he was at school for two days spreading germs. She should not have taken her son to school today. I'm beyond mad.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 31st, 2012, 10:09 AM
briellelynette's Avatar Veteran
I hate when parents do that to their kids and then my kid gets it..lol.

October 31st, 2012, 10:11 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably not, but it will find you eventually. Sick happens.
October 31st, 2012, 10:18 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't know what the rules are in other school boards, but there's a list of illnesses where you can't take your child to school. Everything else is fine, providing the child doesn't have a fever over 100. So DD has gone to school coughing her head off, nose running etc. BUT if she was throwing up I wouldn't send her. Hope your daughter doesnt get sick! Schools are just germ pools to begin with haha

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 31st, 2012, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yea, colds are one thing but throwing up is a whole new level in my opinion. My oldest has a cough right now but she has never had a fever and she is acting totally fine. I sent her to school today.

But when a doctor says your child has a virus and the parent feels sick too its more than likely the sibling is going to get it when they are this age. I wish I could be one of those that says "sick happens" but I guess I get affected more than other people. Its seriously painful for me when I get a stomach bug and Im out for several days to a week.

I just think its inconsiderate. Trick or treat is tonight and we were going to hang out at my parents house afterwards and now I don't want to because Im sure they wouldn't want to knowing Alexis was around a kid that was puking.

And there has never been a time my kids have gotten sick and I havn't. I feel like if I even look at someone with a stomach bug I get it !

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 31st, 2012, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh boo!
Hopefully it will pass Alexis and she won't get it.
October 31st, 2012, 12:34 PM
Veteran
if the kid wasn't throwing up before school, how was the mom supposed to know he was sick too? Maybe she was hoping it would pass him by? If he was feeling ok, and she and daughter were throwing up, how would she take care of him all day had she kept him home?

I'm sorry you feel like she made the wrong choice, and I understand why you are worried, I just don't agree with keeping a seemingly healthy kid home from school just because other family members are sick. Lord, I grew up with 5 kids in my house, if we all stayed home every time someone was sick, we'd never have gone to school.

Then again, if he was actually showing symptoms of stomach flu and she sent him anyway, I totally agree with you.
Farmers-wife likes this.

October 31st, 2012, 12:35 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Stomach bugs are so awful!! I really hope you and your kids don't get it
October 31st, 2012, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesparkles View Post
if the kid wasn't throwing up before school, how was the mom supposed to know he was sick too? Maybe she was hoping it would pass him by? If he was feeling ok, and she and daughter were throwing up, how would she take care of him all day had she kept him home?

I'm sorry you feel like she made the wrong choice, and I understand why you are worried, I just don't agree with keeping a seemingly healthy kid home from school just because other family members are sick. Lord, I grew up with 5 kids in my house, if we all stayed home every time someone was sick, we'd never have gone to school.

Then again, if he was actually showing symptoms of stomach flu and she sent him anyway, I totally agree with you.

Im sure she was hoping it would pass him by, but three classrooms share that same room and I would not want to risk getting all those kids sick just for a 2 hour preschool class. If this was high school kids or even middle school kids who know better to wash their hands etc. my feelings would be different. But this is a bunch of 3 year olds who play with toys and sneeze all over everything and pick their nose and spread germs like wildfire. The likelihood of a stomach bug "passing over" a young kid in a household are pretty slim.

And now about 48 kids (in the 3 classrooms that share the room throughout the day) are now all going to be praying it passes them by...

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 31st, 2012, 05:49 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On the bright side, being pregnant boosts your immune system. So even if everyone else gets sick, you will be fine! I haven't been sick in like 20 years!
November 1st, 2012, 08:27 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
Right now everyone has the stomach flue set for my son and my niece... praying they dont get it. i have had for four days... i am miserable and i am sure its worse because i am pregnant... hope your child doesnt get sick, its the worse....

November 1st, 2012, 08:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You poor thing! I hope your family starts to feel better. I had a stomach bug while pregnant and it is worse in my opinion. Get better quickly!!!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
November 1st, 2012, 01:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate that too, my son was sick for about 2 weeks in october and I kept him home, I can't stand when parents send thir kids to school sick as a dog and then my kid gets it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search