My baby

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2012, 10:12 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Since I might not have time to post tomorrow I am going to post today.

My middle child turns 4 tomorrow! I seriously cant believe it! I am going to share her birth story with everyone. And some pictures! I hope you dont mind.

I wrote the 2nd half right before her 2nd birthday. I cant believe she is turning 4.

4:00am on November 1st I woke up to my bed soaked with warm fluid. I thought I had maybe peed myself so I got down to the bed smelled the sheets no urine smell. Went into the bathroom to change my clothes and more fluid began to flow out. I made some calls to tell my friend my water broke. She asked if I was sure because we thought several times with my son that my water broke. But this time there was no mistaking that my water was broken and I was in labor. So she called our other friend to let her know so she could come to watch all the kids. I told her that I was going to stay at home as long as possible before calling her to head to the hospital. I took a shower got on JM to update everyone did dishes took out the trash. At around 6:30 or so the contractions started getting closer together so I knew it was time to go to the hospital. I got my son up and got our stuff loaded into the car went over to Denise's (around the corner from my house) and we waited for our other friend to get there. At at 6:45 we were in the car on the way to the hospital. We got to the hospital and into the exam room at about 7:15 or so. At this point the contractions were extremely painful and I didnt want to be in the exam room because I knew I was in labor. They told me I was only 3cm (ugh I was already 3 the week before) but my water was broke and I was fully effaced.

They then were ready to transfer me to my labor and delivery room. They asked if I wanted to walk or ride in a wheelchair. I told them walk sitting was the last thing I wanted to do. So I walked to the room got into the bed for them to get my IV done. They took what seemed like forever to get my IV. The doctor came in to recheck me because he said it didnt sound like I was only 3cm. I wasnt I was anterior lip and the doctor told me we were about to have a baby. I really couldnt believe what I was hearing. I had not even been at the hospital for an hour. It took me from the time they told me I was a 3 to fully dilated was 15 minutes! They had nothing ready I wasnt even considered a patient yet. He told me to push on the next contraction. I didnt really even have to push my body did everything it self. Katelynn Mackenzie was born at 7:40am weighing 6lbs 7oz and 18 3/4 inches long. She was just beautiful! I did not tear and the placenta was delivered a few minutes later.! And everything after that was great. Kyle was able to come home early when she was just 2 days old my dad came up to help out until Kyle got home. Katelynn's birth was an amazing empowering experience. Although at the time I didnt think so. But I do fully believe that I will be able to do it again! Hopefully this time with more preparation!

*Two years later*
Giving birth to Katelynn naturally has changed my outlook on so many things. And has made me feel like such a powerful woman. It truly was a life changing experience not only did our family gain a beautiful daughter but I gained so much more. I truly believe that my career path in life once I am ready is to become a doula. Someone who helps woman have a voice in their birth choices and to support those choices. I really believe that Katelynn's birth stirred me to this path and I am looking forward to the adventure when the time comes. I would also love to be a lactation consultant because I would have loved to have one when I was struggling to breastfeed when I knew it was something I wanted to do. And who knows maybe one day I will become a midwife. But for right now my dream to to raise my beautiful children and hold them tight because time is passing to quickly. It seems like just yesterday we welcomed David into this world and he is now a 3 1/2 year old wonderful little boy. And whoosh there goes 2 more years which is where we are now about to celebrate our beautiful daughter's 2nd birthday. The fact that she is turning 2 really is mind boggling I just cant believe my beautiful little baby is a 2 year old beautiful little girl now. Time has passed so quickly but the life I have now I would not trade for anything I would not trade this precious time that I have been given to raise our children. Our life is amazing!

Now

They grow up so fast! First time moms cherish these moments. Even though you may feel sick you may want things to hurry up trust me and I am sure other btdt moms will say the same these moments do not last long enough. All too quickly these moments end. Hold them tight an d please enjoy it.
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.

October 31st, 2012, 10:18 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a pretty girl! And she looks just like you! Hb to her!
October 31st, 2012, 12:10 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy birthday Katelynn!!!

Since this is probably my last baby, I'm trying very hard to cherish every moment. It's so hard when we feel so sick all the time but it does go by very fast. My oldest is 5 now and my son will be 2 in a few weeks. It seems like only yesterday I was complaining about my pregnancies with them

October 31st, 2012, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope she has a wonderful birthday tomorrow!! She is beautiful in that last pic!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
November 1st, 2012, 08:59 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aw happy birthday pretty girl!

November 1st, 2012, 01:35 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Hope she had a wonderful birthday!!! My DD turns 4 in December and your right time really does fly. I remember wishing she would grow up faster as a baby and now I wish she would slow down!!! Your daughter is gorgeous

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
November 1st, 2012, 04:32 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy birthday!!!!! She is beautiful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search