Weird

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2012, 04:00 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
So, yesterday when I came home from work, I was walking down my driveway, talking on the phone, when I got real dizzy and disoriented, couldn't get my footing, and flat out fell on my face

It was such an odd experience, and now my face is all scratched and bruised, as well as my leg and hip! Embarrasing!

I ate like normal yesterday, blood work has always been fine, there doesn't seem to be any reason to just get dizzy and fall out like that. Has anyone else experienced anything like this???
November 1st, 2012, 04:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My good friend had that with her last pregnancy. She had to keep food with her and eat often. I'm sure that was scary. Hopefully it doesn't happen again!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
November 1st, 2012, 05:01 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had that with this pregnancy and I also go through periods of dealing with something like that while I am not pregnant. I had to have my blood pressure tested along with a few other tests and everything came back fine, except the fact my blood pressure was a little low (which is totally normal for me). They decided that it was just some symptom of pregnancy and to just keep an eye on it. So, to me it sounds like something you may want to mention to your doctor if it happens again. It sounds like it could just be a pregnancy thing but it wouldn't hurt to let your doctor know.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
November 1st, 2012, 05:46 AM
Super Mommy
I had that a couple times with DS1. I almost passed out, it was scary! I just upped my iron and it didn't seem to happen again.
November 1st, 2012, 07:35 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I often get dizzy like that in the morning where things suddenly looks foggy and I feel like i'm going to pass out. I usually sit down for a second and then grab some juice. It seems to help.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
November 1st, 2012, 08:02 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It didn't happen with DD, but this time I'm getting crazy dizzy spells where I HAVE to lie down. My blood pressure is always on the low side and in early pregnancy your circulatory system is expanding but you're not yet producing enough blood to compensate for it. It should get better in a few weeks as your blood volume increases.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

November 1st, 2012, 09:52 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Me too! Thanks for posting this so I could see others responses. I read about it online so figured it was pretty normal, but some days it is pretty intolerable.

Last night was one of them and I had to suffer through a myriad of symptoms while taking my little angels out trick or treating. But it was so much fun, they love "candy day" as they call it!

~Kristin~
November 1st, 2012, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually had that the other AM in the shower, and assumed the water was too hot or something. Are you hydrated? I know not enough hydration/water, especially when pregnant, can do whacky things.
November 1st, 2012, 10:39 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
Thanks for all of the feedback! There is comfort in numbers! I am trying to keep eating, trying to stay hydrated, trying to be a good employee, trying to be a good mom, trying to be a good girlfriend, and trying to not lose my sanity!!

November 1st, 2012, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've felt like that after giving birth. Turned out I was anemic and needed to take iron supplements.
November 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I had that happen with my last pregnancy. For me it was a low blood pressure issue. My midwife suggested that I up my salt intake a little (I had bad nausea and was barely eating), to help bring my blood pressure up some.
November 1st, 2012, 02:04 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It happened to me ordering at Wendy's restaurant....got up to the counter and said I don't feel good and passed out hitting my head on the way down... I was so embarrassed when I came to I cried...it happened to me due to m/s and not keeping hydrated!~ Try to drink and eat even if you don't feel like it
November 1st, 2012, 02:28 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It has happened to me a couple times while shopping.. I have had to use the electric "rascal" wheelchairs like the old people, LOL. And when I am dizzy I am not the best wheelchair driver... I run into stuff ALL OVER. Watch out people, I need milk so if you are located anywhere in that aisle, you're gonna get hit!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search