Crafty?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By Mrs. D

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2012, 06:46 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Are there any crafty mamas/mamas-to-be here? I am constantly making SOMETHING, and have been making things for this bubba since we first started TTC at the beginning of the year. I crochet, make metal stamped jewelry, and try my hand at just about any other craft I can. Here is just a few of the things I've make for this baby so far. I'm sure there will be plenty more by June =)

I'm currently working on Christmas gifts. I'm hoping to get as many done as possible within the next month, but I'm usually a pretty big procrastinator so who knows?

Here is an example of the stamped jewelry I make.

Anyway, all this rambling is to get to the point of asking if there are any other crafty mamas, and if so what is your craft? I'd love to see your projects!
November 2nd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Cute! I love crafting but don't do it much anymore. One day I'd love to have a crafting room and I want to learn how to use a sewing machine.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
November 2nd, 2012, 09:21 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am not crafty at all. I actually do not have one crafty bone in my body lol.

November 2nd, 2012, 09:34 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
YES! I love to sew and embroider and just make things! I haven't done much this year with so many things going on...but hoping to get back to it!

November 3rd, 2012, 10:01 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I wish I could sew better! I have a machine and know the basics, but anything outside of a straight line is a task, lol

Bumping to see if we have any other crafty mamas
November 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Sewing is my thing, although I do know how to knit, stencil, and make hairbows. I haven't made anything for this baby yet. I know I will make the christening gown, once we know what we're having.

I made this for Abri's first birthday (no sew tutu, and then I made the owl applique and sewed it on her shirt)

I did these hairbow holders as Christmas presents for my nieces one year

Oh and I'm a nerd who likes to make Renaissance dresses for my girls
November 3rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can crochet and made a lot of stuffed friends for Drake before he was born. I have some ideas I want to try out for room decor and photo props once we move.
November 3rd, 2012, 02:53 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish i could crochet those are super cute...I can sew but only easy stuff like blankets n pillows. I made DD two blankets one before she was born....a second one this summer. I will of course make a blanket for this baby also

And QueenCrafty that dress is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love it!! You definately are the crafty queen haha
November 4th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm kinda crafty. Or at least Pinterest makes me think I am! lol

I made a ring sling for DS that he hated when I tried to use it. I made a Halloween costume (Max's wolf suit from Where the Wild Things Are) for him, too. That one turned out pretty good. I made a Hobbes stuffed tiger (from Calvin and Hobbes) and that actually turned out great.

I've made candies, jewelry, solid perfumes, laundry detergent, lotion bars, cloth diapers, training pants, candles, Christmas decorations, etc. etc.

Typical Pinterest addict stuff.

By the way, that renaissance dress is ADORABLE!!!
CCR likes this.

Last edited by Mrs. D; November 4th, 2012 at 04:58 AM.
November 4th, 2012, 04:48 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
That dress is gorgeous!

And yeah, I'm kind of addicted to Pinterest, lol. It is where I get a lot of my ideas anymore.
November 4th, 2012, 05:37 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I crochet. I'm not great at it as I don't do it all the time, but I've gotten pretty good over the years. My grandmother taught me when I was very young. I wish I could do other crafty things, but crocheting is the only thing I've really stuck with.

November 4th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Cute stuff! I used to be crafty, but my three boys keep me so busy. I really wish I could do more.

November 4th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not very crafty at all! I so want to be though. Pinterest makes me feel like I can be crafty. About to make DS a magnetic board for his room that I found on there. We will see how it turns out!

November 4th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Veteran
I quilt and sew and crochet and embroider. pretty much open to trying anything crafty.

November 4th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am VERY crafty. I sew, knit, tat and do a bunch of other crafty things. I'm really looking forward to starting to knit things for the baby. Right now I'm just waiting until I get into the second trimester before I start going gungho on baby things. I already plan on making 90% of the things for the baby, including my diaper bag.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
November 4th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I sew...mostly for myself, but every so often for the kids. I can do basic knitting, crochet, and needlework. I also make all of our soaps and lotions.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search