Terrified :(

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By CartersMommy
  • 1 Post By mommyandwife08
  • 1 Post By lil_fishy
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 2 Post By Mandamail88
  • 1 Post By Karenna
  • 2 Post By 4hearts
  • 1 Post By Karenna

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Super Mommy
I watched the movie "What to expect when your expecting" and it literally scared the bejesus outta me!---espacially the part where the woman was having a c/s and started to lose so much blood that she almost died I will be having a c/s with this baby and that scene was so incredibly traumatizing to me that I can't stop thinking about all of the "what ifs" now Can anyone give me reassurance?
November 2nd, 2012, 11:35 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There is not much reassurance except that those situations are rare. But I hear you with most cases of what I have end up with placenta accreta and the mortality rate is 7%...... that makes me want to pass out just thinking about it... I just get through trusting in God and praying for his will in my life! ((Hugs hun)) oh and stay away from google, and web md they are not your friend!
zkat and Fannich like this.
November 2nd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you so much for responding! you are soo right about google lol its a bad thing to go on during pregnancy for sure! Trusting in God and knowing that he is in control always gives me comfort
November 2nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cant really give up much advice because it is not something I have had to deal with. That said I agree with CartersMommy and those situations are not the norm. You just have to trust that everything will be fine and that God will protect you. Trusting your doctor would also be an important thing I would think. Whenever that time comes you know you will have a great group of ladies here who will be thinking and praying for you!
Karenna likes this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
November 2nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a c section with my first and it wasn't planned. The c section rate is somewhere close to 35%. That is a lot of births. These Drs are trained to do this and are prepared for all the possible risks. The most important thing is to have a Dr you trust and fee comfortable with. You can also hire a csection doula if you want. She will basically be there is walk you through what is happening and make sure that your needs are taken care of. I'm attempting a vbac this pregnancy and I'll admit I'm scared, but I have a practice I trust and I know they will do everything to mdake sure I'm taken care of
Karenna likes this.

Last edited by lil_fishy; November 2nd, 2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: updated for autocorrect
November 2nd, 2012, 05:48 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There are always risks because it is a surgery, but OB's are trained surgeons and there aren't usually complications. The most common ones are related to the anesthesia, not blood loss. Try to relax! I am having a repeat c-section too, so we can be moral support to each other!
Karenna likes this.

November 2nd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Mandamail88's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm lurking from July DDC - I refused to watch the movie until after we got pregnant figuring I couldn't handle it while TTC. Anyways, after it was over, I don't think the movie made me feel better - I think the whole thing scared the BEJESUS out of me!
lil_fishy and Karenna like this.

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

November 3rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
Super Mommy
Valerie- I would love to be moral support buddies! I think our c/s will be scheduled around the same time also.

Mandamail-wasen't it SOOOO creepy and sad?
MrsLat likes this.
November 3rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Rochelle
Yea, I have had 3 c/s's and they all went just fine. The only advice I've been giving is that I believe the spinals are better than epidurals for when they are stitching you up. I brought it up to my new OB and he said that it's bc spinals don't have as much margin for error and seem to be more thorough at distributing the numbing.

Try not to worry. The fact that you're having it scheduled makes things even safer, I believe.

I'm here if you need to talk.
lil_fishy and Karenna like this.
November 3rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Super Mommy
Rochelle you have made me feel much better! I was worried about the spinal too lol...i had heard scarey things about it making it feel hard to breathe but the fact that you said you like it better helped ease my fears
4hearts likes this.
November 4th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Rochelle
The only thing with Spinals is they usually make you shake starting at about the time they're stitching you up. It's unnerving but not as bad as the way I felt with the epi. With the epi, I could feel pressure against my heart when they were putting things back together before they stitched me back up which made me panic. I've never experienced that with the spinal the 2 times I had it.

So, this will be your second c/s? Didn't they use a spinal with your first or was it epidural?

As far as that movie goes, I actually saw it right before I got pg and I thought it was the stupidest untrue piece of garbage I'd ever seen. I can't even remember that c/s scene. That's how little it effected me. They did that scene for shock value and for the dramatic story line.
November 4th, 2012, 07:54 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a c-section too and no scary things to report either. My doctor didn't stitch me though - I had something like 32 staples. The spinal did make it FEEL difficult to breathe but I was never having trouble breathing if that makes sense. The doctor who gave me the spinal stayed right by my head the entire time and showed me my pulse ox? and that made me feel a lot better. My chest just felt really heavy like someone was sitting on it. I also did not like the oxygen in my nose but twisted it down so it blew onto my mouth. That made me feel better too for some reason.

November 4th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomsgrl11 View Post
The spinal did make it FEEL difficult to breathe but I was never having trouble breathing if that makes sense. My chest just felt really heavy like someone was sitting on it.
I agree with this. That is how I felt too.
November 4th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Super Mommy
Rochelle..yup! This will be my second cs. The first time I had an epi and had no clue about the horrible things that could possibly happen...i think it was better that way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search