Having bad cramps...has this happen to anyone else?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2012, 07:00 AM
Veteran
Hey ladies! This is my first pregnancy, so I'm honestly not sure what to think at the moment. This past Tuesday I was supposed to have my first u/s appointment but thanks to hurricane sandy, the office ended up canceling all appointments. Tuesday night my boyfriend and I were laying down at my place watching tv, I actually think I ended up sleeping for most of the day. Anyways, Tuesday night around 7-8 I started getting really bad cramps. As in I curled up into a ball on my bathroom floor because they hurt so bad that I thought I might throw up from the pain (sometimes my period cramps would get that bad...that'd maybe happen once a year-ish). I called my Dr's office and the nurse I talked to told me that some people get cramps during their pregnancy, and that if I saw any heavy bleeding, or if they didn't subside by the morning to call back in and make an appointment. She also said I could take 2 tylenol and use a heating pad. So over the next few hours they started to go away, and then at one point they got strong again. But eventually they went away by the time I woke up in the morning. Then the past few days I didn't really have any again until last night at work. I bartend at Applebees, and we were kind of busy (not crazy busy), so I was moving around my little area a good bit. About 2 hours into my shift I started getting extremely bad cramps again. It started out in the same spot as tuesday night, kind of in the lower middle, but then after an hour or two it moved to the left side.

I understand cramping in normal since the uterus needs to stretch etc. But should I be in this much pain? Has anyone else had cramps this bad before? I'm just really starting to worry that things aren't ok. I was talking to my one friend who said she had bad cramps with her third child if she stood up too fast...maybe I was moving around too much last night? I asked a few other people but none of them said that they had cramps, just some light stretching feelings.

I called my Dr's this morning and they want me to come in on Monday, even though I have an appointment this Wed to see my midwife, and one Tuesday morning (rescheduled u/s).

thanks for listening
November 3rd, 2012, 07:05 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I think its good your not having any bleeding but with cramps as severe as your describing i'd definitely want to get it checked out. The only time I have had pain that bad is with a cyst. I'm thinking maybe you had/have a cyst that burst on the left side and that's why you were in so much pain. If it's not that i'm not sure what would cause pain that bad, where you would be curled up in a ball. That doesn't sound like normal pregnancy pain to me and i'd definitely get to your doctor to figure out what's going on. Good luck at your doc and ultrasound!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
November 3rd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get cramps, but much lighter and more dull than period cramps. I've never been pregnant before this time, so I don't have any good advice. If I were in that much pain, I'd make an appt to make sure everything is okay.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search