Caffeine- Who's drinking it?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first DS I drank not a drop of caffeine from the pee stick to the OR table LOL. With my second DS I drank maybe one cup of coffee or can of pop a week throughout. Prior to getting pregnant I drank my morning coffee and maybe one other caffeinated drink a day... I quit the coffee the minute I found out because it honestly turned my stomach... I have had a few decaf fancy starbucks drinks since. But I am having a hard time cutting out the pop and tea totally. I have been craving coke. eeep! Anyone with me?!
November 3rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was drinking coffee daily before getting pregnant and until MS started. Once I started having MS, I developed an aversion to coffee I have had two pepsi's and half of a can of coke since finding out I'm pregnant. Doc says it's totally fine to have a cup or two of coffee a day, but soda isn't really good for you anyway, so I'm trying to stay away from it. Haha. If I didn't have an aversion to coffee, I'd still be drinkign a cup a day.

November 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I'm off and on with coffee when I'm not pregnant, so giving up caffeine isn't a huge sacrifice for me. That said, weirdly enough Dr. Pepper seems to help with my queasiness, so I do have a can of it occasionally.
November 3rd, 2012, 11:22 AM
Super Mommy
I'm off and on with coffee when not preggo, too. It just depends if my GAD is acting up. But I'd feel comfortable drinking one cup a day, that's all I can ever have anyways, without it making me jittery and nervous.
November 3rd, 2012, 11:25 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm still drinking two cups of coffee a day. I gave up soda a few years ago, so that hasn't been much of an issue. Although the carbonation does help with the nausea. I've just been drinking sparkling water to deal with that. I love coffee, unfortunately my taste buds are totally wacky this pregnancy. My usually strong coffee tastes like I'm drinking brown water. It's sad, but I drink it anyway just to avoid the withdrawal headaches.
November 3rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Veteran
the place where I work has horrible tap water, and only the managers were entitled to take the bottle water we sell without paying...same thing goes for juice and milk, soda is the only thing free for us. We are allowed to bring a drink in with a lid, and put it on the back of the restaurant on the break table... but the problem with that is we usually don't have time to run back there, we get yelled at if we are back there, or when i bartend i'm not allowed to leave my bar unless someone covers it who knows bar. So needless to say many of us guzzle soda like it's water, because it's all we have to drink. And I've found that since i've found out i'm pregnant, soda has been harder to quit than smoking, that i quit with in a day of finding out. At the moment I'm trying to limit myself to 8oz of soda a day...and it's been pretty challenging. lol I've been craving Coke like hardcore too, which normally i used to drink more mt. dew, and dr. pepper. oh well. hopefully in a few week's i'll be able to say i only drink a soda every few days or so.
November 3rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been having a cup of coffee everyday and that's about it. I wasn't really drinking much coke before I got pregnant so it wasn't hard not to have any. The hardest thing is not having my sweet tea!

November 3rd, 2012, 03:47 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been drinking caffeine pretty regularily to help with headaches and stuff... and with the fatigue. I just can't quit it completely

November 3rd, 2012, 03:47 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been having a cup of 1/2 regular coffee and 1/2 decaf everyday. That way I don't feel too bad about having an extra cup of decaf at work or a sweet tea.

November 3rd, 2012, 03:52 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one cup of coffee in the morning. I've been using peppermint mocha creamer; the peppermint actually helps settle my stomach. I can't stand the smell once I've had my one cup, though. DH makes like 20 cups a day, I swear, and the smell of it after like 9am kills me.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

November 3rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I love my coffee!! I drink it every morning..
bribugg13 likes this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

November 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
Super Mommy
I have been drinking caffinated tea and the occasional soda
November 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm a coffee addict, I usually drink 2-3 cups on a non-pregnant day. I cut it back to 1-2 while pregnant and in the beginning of nursing. Usually it's one cup in the morning, and sometimes another cup or specialty drink in the afternoon.

I actually looked up the caffeine content in Starbucks drinks. A regular cup of their brewed coffee has like 300 mg (the top of the recommended daily caffeine intake while pregnant) while a home brew has about 100-150 depending on the brew. However, their lattes have only 75 in a small, and 150 in a medium. So that made me feel much better about getting my small iced/hot lattes in the afternoons!

November 3rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I gave up caffeine a long time ago just because I hated being addicted to it. Now I'm completely addicted to water. I'm so thirsty all the time since becoming pregnant!

November 3rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I never drank very much caffeine anyway. So I m not too concerned with it. I had an iced coffee the other day, I think that's the first coffee I had since finding out.
November 3rd, 2012, 08:59 PM
I can't go without my daily cup in the morning and usually a cup of iced tea with lunch or dinner. Thanks for the info about the caffeine in Starbucks drinks! (I am definitely a Starbucks addict..) I'm trying to cutout the tea but its been hard.
November 4th, 2012, 04:42 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am super sensitive to caffiene and if I drink it after about 10 am non-pregnant, I don't sleep well at night. I decaf myself 2-3x a year anyway, so it wasn't that big a deal to do it again. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE coffee drinks and hot tea so I drink Decaf of both.
November 4th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dealing with my chronic migraines, I have to have at least a little caffeine every day.. Most days, I won't have coffee, so coke or tea it is.

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 4th, 2012, 09:33 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never liked coffee but I am a coke addict. Since becoming pregnant, it just doesn't taste as good to me. I could never completely give it up with my other pregnancies so this is surprising to me this time around. I've been craving sprite instead and since that is caffeine free, I'm not too concerned.

November 4th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I drink a cup of coffee every morning. Sometimes I have a soda but I have cut way back- not because of caffeine, just because of how bad it is in general.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search