Any atheist/agnostic/pagan/non-christian momma's in this ddc?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By zombiemommy
  • 2 Post By edgeofelise
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 1 Post By laurenicole
  • 1 Post By loveneverfails
  • 1 Post By j&jmom
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By enchantingdragon
  • 1 Post By MissErica

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I'm religiously neutral. I don't believe in any abrahamic religions, though I respect those that practice.
I would consider myself a pagan... though it's hard to put any label on my beliefs... I believe in energy and karma... being a kind, tolerant, respectful person.
edgeofelise likes this.
November 3rd, 2012, 08:58 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm an atheist. We still celebrate Christmas but more for the family aspect. I'd prefer to celebrate Solstice but DH isn't on board.
MissErica and zombiemommy like this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

November 3rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im a mishmash. I mix n match because i feel that religions like a puzzle...every one has some truth..a piece of the puzzle...but i mostly follow a mix of native american religion combined with christianity.
zombiemommy likes this.
November 4th, 2012, 05:33 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was raised christian, but I've usually considered myself an agnostic. This baby's dad is very religious so when we got together, I gave church a shot. It was a nice church and everything, very modern, but it's just not for me. I put a lot of stock in karma and tolerance, being a good person in general.
zombiemommy likes this.

November 4th, 2012, 05:54 AM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
I guess I'm agnostic. I was catholic but I don't believe there is enough proof in religion to follow it. And who's to say one religion is more 'right' over the other? My fiance it's the same. We still do Christmas, etc., but that's the extent of it.
zombiemommy likes this.
November 4th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was raised southern baptist but i'm not into organized religion.I don't label myself as anything. I just say everyone can believe what they want to but I don't feel the need to be a part of an organized church. I feel that most put too much focus on going to church and doing things their way than really just being a good person. I don't feel like anyone can say that their religion is "the" religion. We still celebrate Christmas and Easter but not in the religous sense but more for just being together as a family.
zombiemommy likes this.

Last edited by loveneverfails; November 4th, 2012 at 06:00 AM.
November 4th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't believe everything in my church, but I go because of the tradition. My kids live seeing their grandparents every Sunday morning & the people are really nice there. . . Very inviting. When we lived away from family we rarely went to church because we didn't feel welcomed. I went to church with just my two boys because dh was out of town & my youngest was fussing before church had started so I didn't do much to calm him down. I figured he'd have a long time to be quiet later. A parishioner told me that I needed to take that baby to the cry room (I hate cry rooms because I think it teaches kids they can do whatever they want during church & then I get absolutely nothing out of going). Needless to say I didn't feel comfortable returning with my "unruly" child (who toke a bottle & slept the rest of the time).
zombiemommy likes this.

November 4th, 2012, 06:20 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not into "organized religion." I don't buy into the whole need to dress up and go to church and tithe 10% thing. My DH and I tried church for awhile because my stepdaughter wanted us to go with her and my in-laws. I felt like more emphasis was being placed on "looking the part" of being a Christian, rather than actually having faith. Not for me.
zombiemommy likes this.

November 4th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Athiest here - My husband and I were both raised in very strict religious households (Mormon and Catholic) but neither of us believes or has practiced either religion in a long time.
zombiemommy likes this.
November 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a wonderful personal relationship with God but I have issues with the church and have gone on and off my entire life. I dont care for some of the churches ideals and practices and I dont feel like I need a mediator between me and God. Still I have a strong faith and trust and reliance on God on a personal level.
zombiemommy likes this.
November 4th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
I'm an atheist. We still celebrate Christmas but more for the family aspect. I'd prefer to celebrate Solstice but DH isn't on board.
I'm an atheist, also.
zombiemommy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search