Rant about the ex...again.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By zkat
  • 2 Post By Kalynas_Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2012, 11:45 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, things have been going ok for the most part. Being friends hasn't been too hard. Last night he wants to talk about the pregnancy and everything, wants to be more involved. I thought this was a good thing. It turned into an argument because he's having a hard time finding a job and thinks finding one in his field would be easier on the west coast. I told him I couldn't move. I can't move that far from my family. He got mad and started talking about how it wasn't fair that my family got to be involved and his didn't, and why wouldn't I move as long as there was someone supportive where we moved, etc. Well, the thing is...the entire time I've known my ex all he ever says about his family is that they drive him crazy and how critical they are. I brought this up last night and all of a sudden they're not critical, they're loving and sweet, etc. Bulls*hit! I explained to him that a move like that would emotionally kill me and I could never be that far from my support system at a time like this, especially since we're broken up. This irritated him, but it's ridiculous to think that I'd move, as a single mother, to be close to his side of the family when all they've ever done is been critical. He doesn't even LIKE his family! I told him flat out that if he wanted to leave, he can. If he moves across the country, he knows what that means for his relationship to the child. He also got mad because my family will be closer to the baby and "what does that mean for my family?" Well, I'm sorry but you knew when we were together that I never planned on leaving the area. And moving across the country would just mean my family wouldn't be able to see the baby either, someone loses here. And seeing as HE is the one that broke up with ME while I'm pregnant, I'm sure as h*ll not making any more sacrifices for his peace of mind.

Okay, rant over. Sorry ladies.

November 4th, 2012, 12:37 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally think he is out of line for trying to make you do that! What the heck! Why would you move to the other side of the country just for his convenience when you aren't even together. You need to think about yourself and the baby. He sounds soooo selfish! I am very sorry, I think you did the right thing and stuck up for yourself!

November 4th, 2012, 12:41 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree what a total jerk!
November 4th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks ladies! He was all "it's just as much your baby as mine" and all that. Which is fair, I guess, but he doesn't even want the baby! How is that ok?!

November 4th, 2012, 01:03 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Good job standing up for yourself. You go, girl!

November 4th, 2012, 01:06 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its not fair that hes trying to get you to do something for his convenience....if he wants to be there for, the baby then he needs to stay put. If he moves then its his own loss. I say your the one giving birth....so you call the shots.

November 4th, 2012, 06:02 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since there is a good chance you are going to be a single mom then you get to say where you live. If that is by your family, where you both currently reside then he doesn't really get a say.

As far as I am concerned, his say in your life ended(assuming your decisions are best for your baby) as soon as he acted like a teenage boy and broke up with you over the pregnancy.
CartersMommy and eshute like this.
November 4th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Agreed!

November 5th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm off the mindset that the more people in your childs life who loves and supports them the better. Having said that, you absolutely should not move across the country with a man who doesn't even want a relationship with you. What a ridiculous request on his part. If he chooses to stay and wants his family involved I would support that though. I think throughout the course of your pregnancy your ex is probably going to bounce back and force on what he wants/doesn't want and only time will tell what he chooses to do when the baby is born.
zkat and eshute like this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search