Terrible pains.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2012, 01:16 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing this or if I need to go get looked at or call the doctor. Last week, I was laying in bed and went to roll over and just about cried. I had a terrible pain across my lower abdomen and thought for sure something was terribly wrong. I didn't spot or bleed or anything, so I chalked it up to intestinal distress as I've had some issues with constipation. The pain happened again while I was at work the other night, I doubled over for a few minutes and ran to the restroom to check for spotting - nothing again and again I chalked it up to intestinal distress. What scares me is that some of the stuff I read mentions ectopic pregnancy. Wouldn't I have had spotting or something by now?

November 4th, 2012, 01:21 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I get sharp pains across my lower abdomen at times (after sneezing, if I turn took quickly, etc.) that are ligaments stretching/pulling. I think if it is enough to cause you to double over and you can't tell for sure what is causing it or if it last for longer than several seconds, it definitely doesn't hurt to call your doctor to ask about it.
November 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Super Mommy
I get those sharp pains too, they're more than likely ligaments stretching. I think by this point in your pregnancy an ectopic would more than likely show up.
November 4th, 2012, 02:30 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have ligament pain when I roll over too fast in bed, too. It surprised me the other night because I'm not used to having to adjust how I move yet, but it's nothing to worry about.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

November 4th, 2012, 03:03 PM
As always, thanks ladies!

November 4th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
I have ligament pain when I roll over too fast in bed, too. It surprised me the other night because I'm not used to having to adjust how I move yet, but it's nothing to worry about.

yup, this.

Google Round Ligament Pain
November 4th, 2012, 04:19 PM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
I think you're fine and yes if it was ectopic you would be having consistent pain and spotting/bleeding.. My sister in law went through it twice and I know that's what happens.. I've been having mild lower back pain and it scares me too.. But I know as long as there is no bleeding then it should be fine.. Our bodies are going through a lot of changes..
November 4th, 2012, 04:29 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was wondering this because when I roll over too fast at night I get a weird shooting pain. Now I am pretty positive it is ligament pain.

November 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I was just worried because it was so severe. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and almost don't notice the regular cramping anymore. As always, you ladies have put my mind at ease.

November 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My ligament stretching has been awful this time around. I don't remember feeling this with my first. Then again, I didn't have ANY pregnancy symptoms last time. This time I've got every awful symptom there is! The sore abdomen just started within the last few days (I'm about 10 weeks now) and it's so tender that it hurts to walk and to stand upright! But it's good - it just means that your body is growing and stretching and making room for your healthy, happy baby!
November 5th, 2012, 10:14 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got sharp pain when I pick up my son, especially from the standing position. It scare me but its hard since he is still young too and needs me as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search