SOOOO Frustrated :( (Vent)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Karen78
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By enchantingdragon
  • 1 Post By rcjh12
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Super Mommy
DH and I have been house hunting and unfortunatly have had very little luck. MOST of the houses here in CT are in whats called a "short sale" which in reality is a very longggg sale. We have put offfers in and you never hear back becasue these houses are bank owned now and the banks are in absolutly no rush to get back to you. My realtor even told us that you can put in an offer and not hear an answer for up to 6 months to a year!...anyhoo...DH and I found a cute little house here in town that is actually still owned by the owners. Its on the market for 149,000. We put in an offer origionally for 129 and they counter offfered 148! OUr realtor and his realtor had a sit down meeting with him and tried to explain to him that we are serious buyers and in this kind of market its best to accept almost any offer at this point, SOOO THEN we offfered 136, he countered at 147!-THIS guy is UNBELIEVEABLE. He is only coming down a thousand at a time as we go up 5 to 6 thousand at a time. Yesterday we put in our FINAL offer of 140 and I told my realtor to tell this guy that this WILL be our final offer. I don't mean to sound like a snob but I think DH and I have been MORE then reasonable with these people ESPACIALLY in such a crappy housing market. Usually when you are negotiating each party trys to meet somewhere in the middle and this guy just IS NOT. His house has been on the market for a LONG time too...At this point we are just waiting to hear if he accepts but I have to be honest...its doesnt look good Its such a shame too because we absolutly LOVE this house, PLUS its move-in ready.... I will let you know as soon as I hear back from my realtor....

Last edited by Karenna; November 8th, 2012 at 04:07 AM.
November 8th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Man, that guys sounds like an arrogant jerk! He should be taking any offer he gets!! Especially since it's been on the market for awhile. If he doesn't accept your offer, move on. Or at least keep an eye on it. The guy may realize he needs to come down on the price if he wants to sell it. Good luck! I know how frustrating house hunting can be!!
Karenna likes this.

November 8th, 2012, 09:28 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow dang when we bought our house we did offer full asking price....as ours had been completely redone and everything was brand spankin new. And the people selling our house their son was a realtor so they had the house staged for sale...furniture and stuff to look like a model home....well when they found out we were a young family who had lost almost all our furniture etc in a flood a few months before moving they left all that brand new furniture for us....so we got couches, beds,dressers, tables and etc all from Pier 1 and Ikea for free!! I wish more people were more generous like that. But too many people are greedy and selfish. I hope the guy accepts your final offer itd be foolish of him not too!
Karenna likes this.

November 8th, 2012, 09:59 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know how you feel. I sold my condo in early Sept (we got full asking price!!!) so we had to scramble to find a place for us since it sold in 3 days, way faster then we expected. We found this adorable little house with an amazing backyard which would have been perfect for our son but the inside was dated and the rooms were kind of small. The kitchen was really old with old appliances too. Still we put in a offer and the guy would only come down $5,000. We countered higher and he wouldnt budge. We went back and forth with the realtors and they even agreed to take a cut in commission to get this guy down to our max max price which I was so uncomfortable with paying even. While the guy was deciding we found another home in the meantime which I didnt love as much but was more redone inside, a much better price, a better location, and my husband really liked the basement and tool shop area and said we could add on an addition later on since we would save on the price so we went with that house again and left that bitter old man thankfully. So frustrating and I miss that house's yard but Im so happy we didnt have to stretch our budget as much and give in to this guy.
Karenna likes this.
November 8th, 2012, 10:52 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Ugh, I was right there last summer! The house we eventually bought had been on the market for MONTHS with no change in the asking price. We put in a very reasonable offer, and the seller came down a whole whopping $500. o.O So we gave them out final offer, which he didn't accept (probably thinking we wanted it bad enough to come back and offer more. We didn't.) Well, about 3 weeks later we get a call from their realtor that they've decided to accept our offer after all.

All that to say, house hunting sucks and I feel your pain! Here's hoping you get good news!
Karenna likes this.
November 8th, 2012, 11:07 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Good luck!! I used to be a realtor, and I am so glad I'm out of the industry now. My guess is that this guy can't afford to sell it for less depending on what he owes or put into it later. I feel your pain on the short sales. I wouldn't ever touch them with a ten foot pole.
Karenna likes this.
November 9th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry to hear the market there is crappy You are right short sales can take forever and there is a TON of hassel to worry about I would avoid then like the plague if at all possible. I am a realtor and clearly the sellers expectations are unrealistic. I would try sending a 2nd choice offer attached to your offer to this seller so he realizes that if he does not accept your offer you are moving on. Also do pay more than market value because you do not want to have issues selling in the future. Good luck to you I hope everything works out!
Karenna likes this.
November 9th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Super Mommy
Thank you so much for your advice! I really appreciate it It most certainly has been a crazy journey so far.. last we heard (yesterday) was that the seller "wants" to acccept our offer BUT has to work some details out over the weekend first and will get back to us on monday or so with his final verdict.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search