Confession... Don't judge me!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By Karen78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, before you say it, I know that it is ridiculous to POAS at this point. I know. I understand that I'm causing myself more stress than I need to be. I just can't stop.

I've tried to be optimistic these past two weeks, but after spotting for 11+ days, I've been freaked out. In case you didn't read my post last week, here's what's been going on. A few days before my first appointment, I started spotting pink. My appt was 2 weeks ago today. Dr. said this can be normal, I got a normal us for where I was (around 6 weeks). That day, I started spotting all shades of red, brown, and pink. It was only there when I wiped, but every time. I knew that could be normal after the vaginal ultrasound, but I was worried when it didn't stop. I called his office 4 days later to see if it was normal, and the nurse said to come in so he can check. I got there, and he felt like it was probably from the us, and he didn't want to check because he didn't want to irritate it anymore. He said not to worry. Of course, worrying is all I've done since. The spotting after the us lasted 11 days. It finally stopped on Monday. I've googled a lot so of course, I have the most negative thoughts running through my mind.

Earlier this week, I took another test. It came back very dark. My next appointment is tomorrow. So today, I took another test, and the test line was totally light! Needless to say, I freaked out. Then, I remembered the hook effect. This can cause a false negative or lighter test line if you test after 6 weeks because your hcg can be too high for the test to register correctly. I read about it, and it said that if it was truly the hook effect, the line would be darker if you diluted the urine with water. I did that, and now I have a really dark line again!

I know that you all are thinking. STOP TESTING. I have just been SO INCREDIBLY WORRIED the past two weeks. My appointment is tomorrow and I cannot wait for it to be over. I just need to know where I stand. If you pray, please pray for me. If you don't, please send positive thoughts my way.[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Hopeful2BMommy; November 8th, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
November 8th, 2012, 09:35 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol you sound like a worrier like me Amy...its ok...,this is your first right? Take it easy and rest dont exert yourself too much and see if that helps...and remember to try not to stress too much. My gran used to say...let go and let god. Wise advice for any situation but especially when preg.
CartersMommy, Mrs. D and Karenna like this.

November 8th, 2012, 09:36 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Oh Hun! Huge hugs! Hang in there, I am sure everything is fine! Praying for you!

November 8th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you did the dilution, you have now confirmed that your HCG is *very* high now, so high that the hook effect is kicking in... so congrats!! I know it is tough not to worry. Hugs!

November 8th, 2012, 09:53 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs. This is a hard time, every dot spot red tinge and it can make you think the worst. Just breathe and relax (easier said then done) and think positive. I think you should be ok since its just spotting. I think you saw my post in another thread about how I bled with my son. Sometimes blood just happens for whatever reason and the baby is ok. I never thought I could have period like bleeding for 7 weeks straight and still deliver a perfectly happy and healthy baby but I did. It sounds like the spotting might just happen for whatever reason and as long as youre feeling good otherwise Im sure its fine. Thinking of you
November 8th, 2012, 10:05 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad you knew that about the hook effect. I would have not even thought of that. I know you have been having a roller coaster ride this pregnancy. I am sorry. I am praying for you!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
November 8th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never heard of it. I would have been very confused.
November 8th, 2012, 10:37 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I think one of the hardest things about the early stages of pregnancy is all of the uncertainty, wives tales, friends & family experiences, etc.

With my first I had NO symptoms...no nausea, no fatigue, no weight gain, no body change, NOTHING for the first 14 weeks. NOTHING! I also didnt have an ultrasound until the gender scan ~20 or so weeks. I was certain there was something wrong, when in fact, nothing could have been more right or perfect.

It's hard to not feel anything, to see blood, or to otherwise have signs that point to discouragement, but trust your body, and trust the doctors, and enjoy the baby!

November 8th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Wow. I've never even heard of the hook effect. Why is it called that? It sounds dumb. Ha.
Karenna likes this.

November 8th, 2012, 11:41 AM
softbreeze's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh my gosh - Ok I ma in tears right now typing. heres my sit - I woke up this morning with brown spotting, then it turned to pink then to more red. But only when I wiped. I have been freaking out all day and am going in for a US this afternoon adn ju7st want to puke I am so scared. I have been here too many times. I was feeling very very sorry for myself and here I come on and read what you haev been going through for TWO WEEKS!! Holy moly - I ma sorry. I areally pray that you get good news tomarrow at your appointment and that your little bean is just fine in there. Hang in there and I am sending contsant prayers for you!!
November 8th, 2012, 02:16 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That has got to be scary. I am glad you knew about the hook effect.

I have a bunch of internet cheapies left over so I have still been testing every few days I can't help it because that is how I basically found out I was miscarrying last time. I woke up the morning of my appt and took a test and it was super light. Right after I started spotting. That was wayyyy earlier then you so it wasn't the hook effect.

Hugs!

November 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Super Mommy
I have never heard of the hook effect either LOL! I am sure everything is just fine with the baby And I bet that after tomorrow all of your fears will deminish when you see your little munchkin on the u/s
November 8th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry you've been so stressed out. I had some really heavy bleeding with DS around 15 weeks. I was almost sure we'd lost him. But everything turned out to be fine. So, you see, there's a really wide range of "normal". I hope that helps you feel better.

November 8th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! I will post tomorrow after u/s.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search