Using a doppler

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By laurenicole
  • 1 Post By 8miraclez
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 06:21 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I have a home doppler that I used with Connor and I've been trying to hold off trying it with this pregnancy. I know I probably won't be able to find the heartbeat yet....BUT ....if i were to try, where is the best place to find it? Around my c-section scar? I can't remember (and haven't been to see my MW yet) where the best place to find the HB would be! Thanks!!

November 8th, 2012, 07:49 PM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
I found mine real low, kind of on the side of my pubic bone.
bribugg13 likes this.
November 8th, 2012, 08:13 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Probably too early to find it by doppler, but on u/s, they found mine super low. It was probably barely above my pubic bone. I've been trying to wait for a doppler, but I think I might order one now.
bribugg13 likes this.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 8th, 2012, 11:25 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found mine right below my c-section scar, pretty much directly in the middle with the doppler angled just a little bit to the side. I had to wait for a few minutes for the baby to "swim by"
bribugg13 likes this.

November 9th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Hmm..after i posted that i decided to look around online at videos of people using them, and i now think i may have been hearing my own artery because one girl said you hear it on the side and it sounds fast because there's blood flowing in and out. It was in the 140s so idk. Maybe it hasn't been the baby all along.
November 9th, 2012, 06:32 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenicole View Post
Hmm..after i posted that i decided to look around online at videos of people using them, and i now think i may have been hearing my own artery because one girl said you hear it on the side and it sounds fast because there's blood flowing in and out. It was in the 140s so idk. Maybe it hasn't been the baby all along.
unless your heartrate is running 140, it was probably the baby.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 9th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Well on the video i watched she said it will be high on that artery because you can hear it pump in, then out. Hers was like 120 something. Who knows. It might be the baby, it was just right where she said the artery was, alllll the way to the side.
November 9th, 2012, 06:43 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I never thought to youtube it! EVERYTHING is on youtube!! LOL I did try it and I think I was only hearing my own HB. My doppler doesn't show me the #, so it will be guesswork, but I was timing the HB to my own heart pumping, and it was the same rhythm. I'll try again this weekend

November 9th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ohhh let us know if you hear it.

I have one, too, and I'm almost 11 weeks so I'm thinking of trying tomorrow.
November 9th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Okay, now i found it! It was more of a galloping sound than the swooshing sound i had been hearing that was probably me. It is right at about 160.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search