BF vs FF

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I BF DD for 18 months and plan on doing it with this baby. It was soooo hard and painful in the begining. Her little lips were scabbed and bleeding and so were my nipples. I remember being in tears it was so painful sometimes. I had alot of trouble with clogged ducts through out the 18mos also. Very Painful!! But we stuck with it. I really enjoyed that special bonding time I had with her and look forward to that again.
November 9th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Veteran
I plan on BF and pumping till at least 6 months. Ideally I would like to go the whole first year. I just found out there's a law about how workplaces must give you a private spot to pump, so I'm really excited to check that out and see if it applies to my job. My boyfriend is on board with BF and actually he said he'll support me in anyway so I'm really glad I'll have his support.

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 9th, 2012, 12:35 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I BF both my kiddos until 6 months old. I would have gone for longer but my crazy work schedule made me start drying up. Since I won't be going back to work this time, I'm hoping to go for longer.

November 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan on pumping some so SO can feed baby sometimes too, but I really have my heart set on BFing as long as possible..

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope anyone who has a tough time or needs support can find it on here once baby is born!! Thats what this is all about ladies. Helping each other out!!

I will be BF again! Both my kids had tiny amounts of supplement in the early days :/ one due to a short NICU stay.. I am praying to avoid it. But I know if it happens it is not the end of the nursing road pumping will be my friend until baby is ready!!
crawmommy likes this.
November 9th, 2012, 04:54 PM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
I don't want to step on anyone's toes.. But if you want to BF or bottle feed.. Breast milk is the very best for your baby.. I am a doula and part of my training is we had to take a breast feeding class. No matter how hard formula companies try to match the goodness of breast milk they will never be able to.. Your milk has everything your baby need to be healthy and build up anti-bodies the baby needs.. Which no formula could come that close.. Even if you pump for every feeding to just do bottles it would just take 10-15 minutes to pump enough milk for a feeding or two.. Plus it's free and cheaper then formula (unless if your milk just never comes in at all)
bribugg13 and Mrs. D like this.
November 9th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
My mother in law is a lactation consultant, so even if I wanted to formula feed I wouldn't get away with it. Lol!

With DS we had a little bit of a rough road in the beginning, but after a couple weeks things smoothed out, my nipples stopped blistering and bleeding, and he had more than enough milk to be EBF for the first six months and continued nursing until he was over a year old.

November 9th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
I was worried I would have trouble BFing because I have always had barely-there boobs and I know they say size doesn't matter but mine were like AA!!
I could have written that! I really didn't think I'd be able to EBF. But I did! I weaned my son the day I found out I was pregnant with this baby. I'm so looking forward to getting a nice rack back. And to me, that's a B cup. They are sad little sacks of negative A right now.

November 9th, 2012, 09:01 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Nurse, my son is still nursing at 22 months old..

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

November 10th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My goal is to BF and EBF when I go to work for 1 year. I just hope I make enough milk for both babies With DD I BF until 11 months then my milk dried up. I was fortunate enough to be able to pump at my old job We had a mothering room with 2 recliners, a table , sink and fridge.

November 10th, 2012, 06:04 AM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
I am going to Formula Feed. Looks like I'm the first one (maybe only!). I know Breastmilk is best, of course, but it's just not for me. I actually tried to breastfeed my twins because they were premature and I wanted them to get the best nutrients, but failed miserably. And honestly it totally freaks me out. All three of mine were bottle fed and are perfect and very healthy. Breastfeeding is just absolutely not for me.
November 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by terese81 View Post
I am going to Formula Feed. Looks like I'm the first one (maybe only!). I know Breastmilk is best, of course, but it's just not for me. I actually tried to breastfeed my twins because they were premature and I wanted them to get the best nutrients, but failed miserably. And honestly it totally freaks me out. All three of mine were bottle fed and are perfect and very healthy. Breastfeeding is just absolutely not for me.
You aren't the only one! I will be formula feeding, but because I have to be on some scary meds and steroids for Multiple Sclerosis. I know that breast is best also.. but it just isn't an option for me unless I risk a relapse in symptoms which can land me in the hospital . Our babies will be just fine!

November 10th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be breastfeeding. Had a horribly hard time with DD in the beginning but I credit Dr. Jack Newman and his staff at his amazing clinic for the fact that I was able to persevere. I'm still breastfeeding DD once every couple of days (she's almost 4 and thats definitely NOT for everyone) but breastfeeding definitely works for us
SassySami likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
November 10th, 2012, 06:19 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I'm going to BF for the first year and maybe longer. My DD self weaned at 19 months so we'll see how it goes this time around!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search