Co-sleep or own room

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2012, 03:14 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bed sharing/Co sleeping. We have a cosleeper but most nights baby ends up in bed with us. Our older son was in our bed until he was 3 and still most nights comes in to sleep with us. Our DS2 slept either in the cosleeper or in our bed until he was about 8 months then he moved to his own bed in the nursery... sadly he sleeps better on his own. He will sleep with us on occasion but mostly he likes his own space.
November 9th, 2012, 03:24 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
co-sleep/bed-share Maddie slept in our bed/a co-sleeper for a long time because it is sooooo easy to nurse when they are in bed with you. I always woke up when she did and we have a queen size bed so I can put a pillow barrier between her and DH in case he is not as aware as I am. The only problem now is she still comes in our bed in the night and also we have been letting her come to bed with us a couple nights a week. I don't think this will work with a baby in the bed because she moves around a lot and kicks me when she is sleeping! So I am going to have to wean her off of this.

November 9th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ha ha ha ha ha at the own room. If you want your own room here, you better buy your own house.

We have one of the arms reach co sleepers, too. I love it! I have #9 still in our room and she is 7 mos old. There is room for both. But I hope to have her moved to one of the kids rooms by then. But first I need to get a new bunk bed. I broke one set when I did roomageddon last pregnancy. It's like the chickens n the bath tub again.
CartersMommy and Mrs. D like this.
November 9th, 2012, 06:03 PM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
I'm going to keep the baby with me as long as DH let's me keep them in the room with us.. But as long as I'm nursing the baby will sleep with us .. Besides we have a king size bed so that might be a while hehehe
November 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I've always done a combination of bed sharing and co-sleeping. Usually, they start out in the bassinet, then when I get up to nurse, they end up in bed with me. My 17mth old just started sleeping in the other room with her sister. They all occasionally end up in our bed though.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 9th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will co-sleep for awhile, and then switch him/her to their own room.
November 9th, 2012, 07:14 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bed shared with B until 18 months. We will do the same with this one. We move when it is best for all of us
November 9th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Veteran
I love all you Momma's with a plan! We will probably wing it-- start out w. A bassinet; bed share if necessary .... and then move to their room when they are sleeping good!
eshute likes this.
November 9th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Co-sleep until 3 months old, then switch to the nursery. Although lately we've been doing some bed sharing with my 16 month old when he wakes up at 3am and won't go back to sleep. I'm too tired to try and get him back to sleep sometimes that I just bring him in with us.

November 9th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
With DS we co-slept until he was about 5 months old. Bed shared until he was about 2 months old, when he was nursing every five minutes it seemed. I can't imagine getting up and walking to another room for every nursing session with a newborn. Mama needs her sleep!
November 9th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
Nursery. We started dd off in her nursery right off the bat and it works best for us
November 9th, 2012, 10:45 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Seeing as this is my first one, I'm not really sure what will work best for me yet. I know I'll want to co-sleep for the first few months, maybe longer depending on the baby's sleeping habits. I surely don't want to have to go to another room to take care of the baby in the middle of the night. I'm just going to have to wing it. It's nice to read everyone's input though!

November 10th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my DD she stayed in a bassinet in our room until she was too big so about 3 months so if was easier to BF then in her crib in her own room. We didn't allow her to sleep with us until DH deployed 2 years ago now we have a hard time keeping her out of our bed(my fault!). She has to go to sleep in her own bed but ends up in ours 75%of the time. As for the twins I have no clue yet. I do know that they will be bed sharing in their crib for as long as they fit but no bed sharing with this mama or I don't get sleep!

November 10th, 2012, 07:19 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
bed sharing.. still sharing our bed with Nolan

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

November 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
My plan with DD was she was going to sleep in a crib in her own room starting at 3 months.....Ya she's almost 4 and she just got her own bed 6 months ago and she still ends up in bed with us most nights. We bed shared/co slept for a very long time and then once she got her bed she was still in our room just on the other side.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
November 10th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our plan is nursery from the moment we bring the baby home. My parents had all three of us in our own room, and had a strict no children in their bedroom rule, and I want to continue that. I view our bedroom as our space, so we'll want the baby to have its own space as well. I don't mind traveling to nurse. I just don't want to get the baby in the habit of being/sleeping in our room.
Josie+Shpala and TeresaV like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
November 10th, 2012, 07:26 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Co-sleeping. We still co sleep with our older kids and I love it!

November 10th, 2012, 07:57 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I remember a lot of nights being up with DD for hours because she spit up so badly that I had to stop and burp her every five minutes while nursing. I spent a lot of time sleeping in the living room so I could watch a movie to get through the marathon nursing sessions. Then she'd sleep in her swing for a couple of hours and we'd start all over again. So we may end up doing that if this baby has the same problem. I don't want to keep DH awake, too.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

November 11th, 2012, 06:10 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
My parents had all three of us in our own room, and had a strict no children in their bedroom rule, and I want to continue that. I view our bedroom as our space, so we'll want the baby to have its own space as well. I don't mind traveling to nurse. I just don't want to get the baby in the habit of being/sleeping in our room.
Same here. I'll probably get a Pack N Play with a bassinet insert for the first few weeks, and then into his/her own room. I don't want to have to go up and downstairs several times a night for feedings (baby's room will be on a different floor) but will transition to crib after a month or two.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search