Co-sleep or own room

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Since we are the topics of this or that.

Co-sleeping or nursery?

Co-sleeping- means to share the same room with the child
Bed-sharing- means to share the same sleeping space as the child.

November 9th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Rochelle
Bed-sharing has worked awesomely in our family.
bribugg13 likes this.
November 9th, 2012, 10:00 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BedSharing while an infant....Nursery from 6 months

I know some dont approve of bedsharing but I felt more secure having DD next to me...I knew I wasnt going to roll on her and I could feel her breathing so I knew she was ok.
4hearts and bribugg13 like this.

November 9th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Super Mommy
Co-sleeping has worked wonderfully for us! I couldn't imagine getting up to get baby in the middle of the night. It's so nice to have them right next to you in the bassinet. But this time around we actually have 4 bedrooms, so once baby is sleeping through the night we'll probably move him/her to a nursery.
November 9th, 2012, 10:05 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We co-sleep/bed share. Our older 2 do have their own rooms but 5 days out of 7 one of them is with us.
ashleykathleen likes this.

November 9th, 2012, 10:06 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will be co-sleeping but not bed sharing.

November 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
We co-sleep/bed share. Our older 2 do have their own rooms but 5 days out of 7 one of them is with us.
yea, night before last I had all three of them in there with me bc DH fell asleep on the couch. It was too crowded though so I told them only one kid in the bed at a time! I really want them all to stop sleeping with us since they have their own rooms but the 2 yr old still tends to get into our bed sometime in the night and it's hard to turn her away.
November 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We've been bed-sharing for so long now... I can't imagine sleeping without a baby or toddler (or two) to snuggle.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 9th, 2012, 10:35 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have enough space for baby to have its own room, so we'll be co-sleeping. I'm not sure if we'll be bedsharing or not; it depends on what makes us all happiest. DD liked her space and slept really well on her own and I haven't met this kid yet, so we'll see.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

November 9th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When my daughter was born, she slept in bed with us the night she was born, and then in a bassinet next to the bed for about a week. After that my husband put his foot down and moved her into the room right next to ours. I was waking up at her every little move and breath and I hadn't slept in a week. She was still close enough that I could easily hear her crying, but I didn't wake up every few minutes.

Currently we're living in a very cramped space, living at home with my parents. My daughter's bedroom is next to ours, but it's the size of our old walk in closet. No room for a baby in there! The only solution for now is to have the baby in a bassinet next to the bed in our room. Not ideal for us, but it'll work.

November 9th, 2012, 10:58 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We co-sleep for the first 6 months or so with a baby crib in our room and then we move baby out after that to their own nursery room. I have 2 dogs (and 3 cats but they arent in the bedroom with us at night) and I found that when we shared a room with Drake we would put him down to bed, then I would come to bed with one of the dogs, and then my husband and the other dog would come in later for bed and it was just too much noise. Drake constantly was being woken up by something, whether it was us or the dogs etc and it just got too hard with sleep and we saw that once he moved to his own private room he started to sleep longer stretches meaning we all slept longer stretches too so it was better for everyone.
November 9th, 2012, 11:13 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We cosleep until baby is sleeping through the night. I keep the cradle right next to the bed because it's so much more convenient for BFing. I try to put them back in their bed but half the time I would fall asleep feeding them so we bed shared a bit too. My daughter started sleeping through the night at 3 months old and from that point on she wanted her own space. At that point she was moved to her own room. My son is another story...he has his own room and I try every single night to start him out in his own bed. And every single night, he ends up in my bed lol. DF and I have given up fighting it because we all sleep better if we aren't battling him all night. Plus, I figure eventually he won't want to sleep in my bed so I know it won't last forever. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

November 9th, 2012, 11:32 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm not sure what we'll do. Lily slept in her crib in the nursery from day one. Abri didn't sleep unless she was with me, so we bed-shared until 14 months. I'm not sure if we could fit a bassinet in our room, but maybe we'll try that. It was nice to have a baby snuggled in close at night. When she was hungry, I just pulled her closer to nurse and then pushed her back up away from the covers when she was done. So much easier than stumbling down the hall to the nursery to nurse.
November 9th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We will be using the Arms Reach Cosleeper again on our queen bed. If new baby is like M they will end up spending most of the night bedsharing but the cosleeper is nice for when I am just too exhausted and don't feel alert enough to bedshare. It also gets a lot of use for diaper changes

Baby will be sharing a room with big sister once they outgrow the cosleeper. Not sure how we will transition but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

November 9th, 2012, 11:52 AM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
We bed-share. I always find my babies sleep better in bed with me, and therefore, so do I! FYI for all those bed-sharers, I recently went to a baby shower, and she was registered at Target, and there is this AWESOME new product that's like a little bitty bassinet with a metal frame that you put the baby in (I'm sure it has some sort of padding), and you put it in bed with you to prevent rolling onto them. That's the only thing I ever worried about when bed-sharing. Thought I'd share.
November 9th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Veteran
At the moment due to some financial set backs, we probably will be at one of our parent's houses until baby is a few months old, so therefore baby will be co sleeping with us. Even if we do manage to get into our own place before baby I know I would sleep better the first few weeks/months knowing that baby was in our room.

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 9th, 2012, 12:32 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
co-sleeping, new baby will sleep in the bassinet next to our bed for a few months, then we'll decide if we want to take the same route as Connor, which was bed sharing...or if we want to transition to a crib in our room, or sharing a room with Connor. So many options!

November 9th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will co-sleep for a couple months probably, but no bedsharing.. After about 6 months or so, we'll move baby to nursery (if we have one at that point)
TeresaV likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 9th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Nattie84
bed sharing....this is the usual.
November 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Co-sleeping, baby will be in pack n play in our room til about 6 weeks and then we will move he/she to the crib in his/her room

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search