Birth "Plan"

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: What does your "birth plan" look like?
Natural/Vaginal, med-free delivery 15 39.47%
Vaginal delivery with meds/epidural assistance 9 23.68%
Home Birth 3 7.89%
VBAC (Vaginal birth after c/s) 5 13.16%
HBAC (Home birth after c/s) 0 0%
Scheduled C-section 3 7.89%
Undecided/Other 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2012, 01:43 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
What's your "birth plan" going to look like?

November 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Natural, med-free, vaginal birth in a hospital. Hoping I can actually make it there this time.
November 9th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a natural no meds birth with my DS and that's something I would not like to do again lol so I'll get an epidural this time so I can enjoy the experience more!

November 9th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an epidural with dd and it made me violently ill my entire labor, so I'm going to go allllllll natural this time... here's hoping i stay this brave lol

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Epidural, baby!!!!
November 9th, 2012, 02:18 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If i end up going into labor on my own I would like a natural birth but if I have to be induced again then I think i will take the epidural. Although with my last birth after I had the epidural he came in about 1 1/2 hours and about 30 min before he was born I asked why I could still feel the contractions so strongly and was told to just push the button for more medicine. haha I had no idea i was supposed to do that so for all that time i was on the starter meds or whatever he put in which he said is basically nothing. So, I think I could handle natural but I am really just waiting to see how it goes.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
November 9th, 2012, 02:39 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Definitely meds!!! This lady is the biggest baby in the history of the world when it comes to pain, lol

Should be vaginal, had both DD vaginally with no complications.

~Kristin~
November 9th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter was born at home in a birthing tub, with a midwife. It was a really amazing experience and I wish I could do it again. I'm still going with a midwife this time around, but we're all living at home with my parents right now, and my dad is NOT ok with us having a home birth. Bummer. So it'll have to be at a hospital. Hopefully all goes according to plan and we'll have another med-free birth.

November 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I voted VBAC, but we might try for HBAC. It all depends on what we can afford. In our state, insurance does not cover HBAC so we'd be paying out of pocket. I'm leaning towards the hospital this time because if this labor goes the way DD's did, I think early intervention could save me from another c-section. I had way too much fluid and DD was tiny so she wasn't able to engage and I didn't progress past 4cm at home. The midwives didn't want to break my water at home because of the risk of cord prolapse. By the time we called it a no-go for the home birth and headed to the hospital I had been laboring for 48 hours and my uterus was in hyper-contraction mode; they were one right on top of the other with no break in between but without progress. Next time I hope we can catch that early on in the hospital should it occur, so I'm not so exhausted. I have lots of questions for my first appointment!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

November 9th, 2012, 03:19 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My birth plan is healthy mom healthy baby at this point that is what i am praying for I know I will have a repeat c section with likelihood of hysterectomy at delivery.
November 9th, 2012, 03:22 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Our plan is another home birth.

November 9th, 2012, 03:33 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All you home birth mammas rock my world. I have never even had a glimmer of hope for a vaginal delivery... I know this was the way God intended it for me. But I cant say you all don't awe and amaze me and let me tell you when delivery time comes I will be stalking your threads waiting for those birth stories!!
mommyandwife08 and lil_fishy like this.
November 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
You know it means a lot to me for you to say that. We have been met with a lot of grief in our decision so thank you.
edgeofelise and TeresaV like this.

November 9th, 2012, 05:30 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hoping for another natural med free hospital birth
November 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will go for an all natural med free vaginal birth in a hospital. The hospital and my OB is all waaaayyy crunchier than last time and I also plan to get a doula so I hope it will be mellow. My main goal is just for any interventions that do happen to be really medically required and feel appropriate to me. With DD I did end up with AROM, pitocin and then epidural, but I was making informed decisions at each point and don't regret anything. Except maybe moving to Mississippi in the first place! (That is where we were living then)

November 9th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I plan to have no Pitocin whatsoever and to wait until I'm dilated at least 5cm before considering an epidural. (It's much safer at that point.)

Last time the pain of transition was so bad my whole body was tensing, I wasn't dilating very quickly, and I was retching from the pain. As soon as I head the epidural my whole body relaxed and I went from five to ten cm in less than an hour.
Nattie84 likes this.
November 9th, 2012, 06:25 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I'm just hoping to avoid magnesium this time and have a take home baby. Fat chance of that happening, but hey, I can dream right?
I'll be induced and they usually prefer I get an epi in case something happens and I need an emergency c-section.
I've had 2 of my kids without an epi (they came too fast) and I really prefer the epi. I even had a spinal headache after one of them that required 2 blood patches, and I still want the epi. My last baby, it was perfect. It was more of a walking epidural.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 9th, 2012, 06:30 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had two failed epidurals so I will be going for a vaginal med-free hospital birth. Both of my epidurals never worked and caused more discomfort and stress trying to get them to work that it's all I remember from both of my births. With my son, I had a urinary catheter that I could feel the entire time. Being stuck in a bed and still feeling everything was miserable. I don't want any drugs, I don't want to be hooked up to anything, and I want to be able to move around and change positions as I see fit.

November 9th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping for med free @ hospital.
November 9th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
Going for a home birth with my midwife.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search