Tilted Uterus?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Karenna

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2012, 08:31 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my ultrasound my tech asked if I knew I had a tilted uterus. I did not, lol. I have looked up stuff on the internet but I was wondering if any of you ladies have one and what, if anything, it means with pregnancy?

Thanks

November 9th, 2012, 08:36 PM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
I do! It hasn't affected anything for me. First pregnancy was normal, second was twins and normal and both were normal deliveries.
November 9th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My step mother had that. She said it made it difficult for her to conceive. But that doesn't seem to have effected you that way!
November 9th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I read somewhere that about 20% of women have a tilted/inverted uterus. It's pretty common, then. And I can't find anything that says it affects pregnancy in any way.
November 9th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did not have one before I gave birth but now I do. My OB could barely find my uterus at my 5.5 wk u/s it was so tipped back. But then at 7.5 wk u/s it was much easier and she said it had untipped quite a bit. They get into place as the baby grows.

She says it's like green eyes, unusual but not that meaningful from a medical perspective.

November 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well that is good At least it doesn't cause issues! Thanks for your insights

November 10th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Super Mommy
My US tech told me I have one too! Lol I she told me that during pregnancy it kinda straightens it out but after the baby is born goes back to tilted lol maybe during our cs they can make those suckers straight lol!
MrsLat likes this.
November 10th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Veteran
I have this too! During my u/s the tech said it was tilted back, and that it's not anything to be worried about. This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea if it has any impact on it or not...from what I've heard though it doesn't.

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I have one. It straightens out as the baby grows. Never had a problem with it. Just one of those thi.gs. My sister has one too. Apparantly, it's genetic.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 10th, 2012, 01:01 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have one too. The only affect it has on me during pregnancy is when it comes to using the doppler to find the heartbeat. Apparently my uterus doesn't come back forward until after the 14-16 week mark. After that, they can use the doppler just fine to locate the heartbeat. My midwife said that some women with a tilted uterus experience PMS cramping in their lower back instead of cramping in the front. I just don't get cramps when I have AF. It's never been a problem with TTC as all of my children were conceived on the first try. I've also had normal vaginal deliveries.
November 11th, 2012, 05:48 AM
i have one too! found out during my first prenatal for my first pregnancy. it made it a little harder to manually tell how far along i was so they ended up doing an u/s but it doesn't really effect the pregnancy itself. she asked if i had back pain a lot during my periods and i said yes and she said well thats why! lol. it made sense! and you might show a little later in pregnancy too since it might take a little while to adjust forward. i started showing around 18 weeks w/ my 1st but everyone is different :-)
November 11th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure what they call mine but I have a very sharp curve in mine. It made it difficult to do the 2nd IVF transfer but they both stuck so it didn't seem to hurt them. During the first IVF it was less of a curve and the transfer was easy and the baby didn't stick. So I don't really think it has much of an impact.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search