Toddler bday parties

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I had my DDs 2nd bday party today....and apparently I missed the memo about the realitys of toddler bday parties....one older toddler yanked on my DD causing her to fall and hit her head...plus tons of rambunctious hopped up on sugar toddlers and oh my god how do you tell your best friend that their kid is a demon spawn child...you know the type...the parent that is just too lazy to discipline their kid and said child becomes rude and violent and bad tempered. My friends DD3 is this kid..And not only is the mass of yelling kids make me wish i could drink and nap...but then my friends kid takes.my DDs new gifts..breaks them...tries to steal them etc and acts like a complete brat. And shes 7 doin this to a 2 year old! Man I love my friends DD1 and DD2(whom my DD loves!) So rant aside...how do i tell my friend her DD3 makes me want to never invite them? And this is my best friend and i cant stand her DD3....and ive tried super hard to tolerate this kid!

November 10th, 2012, 10:53 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Oh man!! I would just be honest with her, come on how can she not know!

If my 7 year old did that, she would never see outside

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

November 11th, 2012, 03:57 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that is crazy! How can she just let her child act like that and not say anything? Stressful!!!

November 11th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would not beat around the bush...just tell her either she needs to get a handle on that situation or leave the child home because you simply cannot have that behavior around your could. If she is true friend she will understand...if needed you can always do the if the roles were reversed speech. Good luck!
TeresaV likes this.

November 11th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! If she's your best friend, I would just tell her how you feel. No way would I tolerate that.

Happy birthday to your daughter, though! I hope she had a great one!
November 11th, 2012, 08:53 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep I would just be blunt about it. If she's your best friend, she should be able to get over it. Play the whole "I don't want that kind of influence on my DD" card.

November 11th, 2012, 09:08 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I hate that the birthday party turned out like that! My SIL's youngest sounds like your friend's kid.
November 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have tried to be polite to her and hint and she always makes excuses for her DD3s behaviour....blaming it on everyone but herself. So I will try the blunt tactic I just hope I dont loose a friend over it :/

November 11th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
Boy that's a sucky situation. I know some kids that are a bit less disciplined than I would like, but nothing like that.

I agree that you should be honest with your friend. If she takes your advice, it will be better for everyone involved, especially her daughter.

November 11th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, be blunt and tell her that you were disappointed in the child's behavior. Also, be VERY CLEAR that you would like your friend to replace the broken toys. If my child broke another child's toy (especially a new birthday one!) I'd be on the computer ASAP ordering a new one right then and there.

I felt wretched when my LO bit a friend's child on HIS birthday. It was terrible! My LO was about 7-8 months old and only had a few teeth (thank goodness!) and I don't know if he got confused and thought the other child's arm was a boob or what but he latched on STRONG. Left a bruise on the birthday boy's arm and everything. Thankfully his mother was understanding and accepted my apologies with good graces but I was absolutely mortified.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search