??

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By enchantingdragon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Super Mommy
OK lol I finally received my doppler in the mail and much to my surprise, there was NO directions on how to use it in the box! LOL DH and I put the doppler on my stomach and I believe what we keep hearing is MY heartbeat but im not completely sure... Maybe I am too early to hear it with a doppler? I am 9 1/2 weeks pregnant. My OB was able to find the heartbeat with an internal US but maybe I am just too early to hear it with the doppler? I also noticed that when I am using it there are many flashing numbers on it and im not sure what they mean...I have a sonoline B doppler...
November 12th, 2012, 09:18 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok so its been a while since I used mine and I packed mine somewhere too so Im not sure where it is even to look at and try to help you but this is what I remember. I do think the paperwork I got with mine said best to hear like after 13 weeks or so. You use the gel and move the doppler around. What you are looking for is a hoofbeat sound. The numbers have to be high as well like in the 100s or so to be baby otherwise you just found your own heartbeat. I remember it taking a while for us to find it and eventually we just kind of stopped since we were never 100% sure we did it right and were listening to the right one. Hope that helps
Karenna likes this.
November 12th, 2012, 10:36 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cousin who is an OB RN basically told me she advised against getting a doppler saying they are crap and women freak out when they cant find a heartbeat and it causes unnecessary stress as the babies usually fine

November 12th, 2012, 11:14 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just at my OB appointment this morning. My doc said that she wasn't sure she would be able to hear the heartbeat with the doppler, and I'm 11 weeks. She said up to 12 weeks it is pretty tricky to find a heartbeat. On an early ultrasound, from what I've been told, you aren't actually hearing the heartbeat, but the machine mimicking the heartbeat. Does that make sense? You can see it, and the machine beats with the movement.

November 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you ladies!
November 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Veteran
I have a Doppler and had a hard time finding the hb on Sunday. I did eventually find it but I doubt I would've been able to at 9 weeks, i have the Angelsounds Doppler so not the same one so yours may be more sensitive. My suggestion and it helped me finally find it was I watched videos online of how other woman did it. Basically u have to push firmly and right above your pubic bone. Worked for me, no mistaking your hb vs. baby as the baby's is much faster than yours. If you use one and it stresses you out if you don't find it then I wouldn't bother with it. Or try to find it after your next doc appt when you know the baby is fine.

November 12th, 2012, 08:17 PM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
For the first several days i thought i was hearing the heartbeat but i think it was actually one of my arteries. I figured that out watching a YouTube video. It was fast because the blood was pumping in then out, but the numbers went up and down a lot. Also, it was more of a swooshing sound. When i found the baby's heartbeat it was more like the sound of a horse gallop than a swoosh and the numbers didn't jump around so much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search