Mountain honeymoon during pregnancy...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2012, 05:07 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
isn't such a great idea!
I'm not normally and anxious person, but everything about this trip had me frazzled. Our cabin was 30 minutes from town up three different mountain roads, two which were rather rickety. My husband is big into autocross and racing, so... what I see as a dangerous road we are going to careen off of to our fiery impaled deaths, he see's as the best day of his life. I spent a lot of time with my eyes closed shut tight and gripping my seat belt.
I guess I wasn't used to the elevation... I do live in the lowcountry of SC. I felt like the whole time I was there I couldn't get a proper deep breath and that was one awful feeling. I was so happy to get home yesterday and just fill my lungs up.
I was rather sick most of the time we were there. Not constantly sick, but sick at the most inopportune times.
We went to the Biltmore, which was old news. I'm not a big fan, but the husband had never been, so he made the decision to shell out 100 bucks for tickets. The place kinda just disgusts me really. Anyways...
We went hiking... I attempted to go hiking. I LOVE hiking. Not this time. We hiked to a waterfall that was on the property where our cabin was. At the waterfall you can cross the water to the other bank and then hike up a rather steep area and you get to a ledge near the top of the waterfall that you can actually walk behind the waterfall. I WAS SO EXCITED FOR THAT! I made is about a quarter of the way up the steep part and I stopped to try to breath for a second. I was looking around and I realized that I just felt off. I didn't feel steady and I didn't feel safe. I knew that I didn't need to go any farther on this steep climb. I actually kinda hyperventilated on the way back to the water. I just felt like my equilibrium was all off and I just didn't feel safe. Uh.
Not a great honeymoon. We didn't even do anything romantic. The one night we had something romantic and date-ey planned the husband "realized" he wanted to watch the Clemson game, since he hasn't gotten to watch a full game and by the time that was over, it was too dark to be making it down the mountain.
No more mountains for me while pregnant!
November 13th, 2012, 05:46 AM
carissaluis's Avatar Veteran
so sorry about that, you deserve a romantic honeymoon maybe a bit less adventurous though, talk to him

Goodluck
November 13th, 2012, 06:05 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
Ah, I'm not really worried about it. Neither of us are very romantic people, but it would have been nice! He did take me to my dinner of choice last night after we help some friends move into a new house, that counts for something. and he's going to take me to see twilight this weekend (because he really wants to see it too, lol).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search