I'm so nervous..

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By overlinmommy17
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By brysonsmom
  • 2 Post By phantomsgrl11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2012, 08:17 AM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
i couldn't get my first ultra sound until 11/28.. I will be 10 weeks by then.. but my mind in thinking a billion things.. what if the baby stopped growing..with if its in the tube.. i am having dreams something happened to the baby.. and it's making me crazy.. I waited nearly 6 years for this baby to be..to finally be.. and i can't help to feel like something will take that away from me.. I check the TP everytime I use the bathroom.. should the pregnancy test they do at the doctor still turn positive at 10 weeks?? Was anyone else like this before they had their first ultra sound??
November 13th, 2012, 08:24 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sure everyone gets nervous. Try not to worry. The chances of anything being wrong are so slim.
November 13th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks.. I hope you're right.. I just can't help it.. maybe I'm just being impatient..
November 13th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Please don't worry! Stress has been linked to miscarriages. Not trying to scare you but just enjoy your bean and whatever happens will happen so why worry? Good luck with your visit!

November 13th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You have to wait because you are nice and low risk! I think when you have tried so long it is natural to worry, but if you have no signs of any problem there is just no reason to expect one. Try to stay busy and keep your mind off it. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen88
Please don't worry! Stress has been linked to miscarriages. Not trying to scare you but just enjoy your bean and whatever happens will happen so why worry? Good luck with your visit!
Ummmm I have to say, IMO this is neither helpful nor accurate. Stress linked to m/c is like "my country is being invaded during WWII" type stress, not worrying about whether the baby is okay. Normal worries and anxiety is not going to hurt your baby as long as you keep taking care of yourself physically.

November 13th, 2012, 08:55 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Try not to worry honey i know it is easier said than done. I just had my first ultrasound and i am a little over 11 weeks.... try to relax take a deep breath... i know that your little baby is doing just fine!
JadeS likes this.
November 13th, 2012, 11:13 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I think 10 weeks is pretty normal for a low risk mama. They usually here at least do not see you until 8-12 weeks unless there is an issue. Hang in there!

November 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Try not to worry, but I know that's easier said than done! My midwife's office doesn't do u/s for low risk moms until the anatomy scan close to 20 weeks. I do understand how you feel about the what-ifs until you see the baby on that machine. I'm having the same ones. For some reason I'm afraid of telling my family I'm pregnant at Thanksgiving (I'll be almost 11 weeks then) when I haven't seen an u/s to really confirm. I know it's not just in my head, but it's hard not having that picture in your hands.
JadeS likes this.
November 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally know the feeling! I had to wait for weeks for my u/s and the entire time I was terrified the baby had just stopped growing. I got to see baby yesterday at just shy of 10 weeks and everything was fine. We even saw a little arm move and things are starting to look more baby-like by that point so I would look forward to that instead of dwelling on what could be. Hang in there mama!

November 13th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Regular
My orifional first u/s was planned for the 28th too (I will also be 10 weeks) however I have had two already because of problems. Even though I have seen baby and heard the heartbeat, I am still scared out of my mind for the 28th. I have been having alot of bright red bleeding and even thoguh it was determined that I lost the twin last week, I am just so nervous that I won't see a heartbeat on this one either.
JadeS likes this.

Sherry & Dan
Bryson (8)
Cason (3)
Hudson (21m)
Sweet angel baby 11-28-12 @ 10w
November 13th, 2012, 04:23 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
With my first baby, they didn't plan my first ultrasound until 19 weeks, and I was high risk. I only get one earlier now because I'm seeing a perinatologist. It's good that they aren't concerned. Try to relax and just enjoy being pregnant. We all worry, just don't let it overtake the joy of being pregnant.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 13th, 2012, 04:30 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You would know by 10 weeks if the baby was an ectopic pregnancy - the pain would be unbearable. It is very very rare for them to go past 8 weeks because it is that out of this world pain like.

I hope that is reassuring. I can't really explain away/talk you down about any of your other fears since they are legit fears that all pregnant women have but hey we are all crazy together right? =)
JadeS and crawmommy like this.

November 13th, 2012, 04:50 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel. I just had my first ultrasound and I was a nervous wreck. Everything was fine. I don't want to look back on this pregnancy wishing I would have enjoyed it more so I am trying really hard to not think negatively. I do know exactly where you are coming from though.

November 13th, 2012, 05:41 PM
thanks ladies for all the positive thoughts.. and i will keep my head up.. i know the time will be here before i know it.. i do just need to relax (or try to) i took another HPT to ease my mind.. and it turned out just as bright as the last ones did ...and I think as long as I am still feeling pregnant then I will not worry to much more..
November 13th, 2012, 10:27 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand how you're feeling. My ultrasound is the 26th and I only got that one because it's the down syndrome ultrasound. Had I not wanted it to check for markers for down syndrome, they would've had me wait til 20 weeks. I'm freaking out! haha. I'm 11 weeks now and everything has been fine thus far, but I still check the TP every time I use the bathroom and I still freak every time I get a cramp. I think it's normal.

November 14th, 2012, 02:00 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You should have every faith everything is going to be okay unless you have the scary bleeding and crampy! If you aren't having those, you have a really good chance of thngs being okay! I know it is hard, but try to relax and start countdown the days until your ultrasound, which is going to go GREAT!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search