Crazy Woman Alert: I Want to Eat!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By overlinmommy17
  • 1 Post By CartersMommy
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Hello Ladies!

My postings have been spaced out; admittedly I'm guilty of mood swings quite a bit [more anti-social than usual] and it's totally bizarre to me Well, at least what I have mood swings about, is bizarre!

So I'm having that kind of pregnancy where I have serious food aversions. And let's face it, it can be maddening to have some bad hunger pains, yet have a very scarce food pallet. I'm actually into sour foods a bit now; sour apples, sour candy, lemon juice added to lemonade, and more prominently --> pineapples.

So when you see the above mentioned items, do you see any nutritional foods, that would also keep the stomach satisfied? Ehhh, I think not. The only food item that I crave often, that fills me up, are McDonald's cheeseburgers

Ladies, how's your appetite going thus far? Are you pushing through your first trimester fairly easy? What about those cravings OR lack there of?
November 13th, 2012, 11:19 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
you sound exactly like me... i am hungry but i just cant stand the thought of most foods. I can tolerate very bready stuff (like pizza, grilled cheese , etc.) not very healthy. And, like you, I am totally into sour candy, drinks, etc. Actually my pizza just had tons of ham and pineapple... it was pretty good. I CANNOT even think about asian food (which is my FAV pre-preg food), or fast food burgers or fries- ugh....just typing that made me queasy. i am loving tons of herbal teas... they seem to make my tummy settle. Actually , last night, (or this morning, however you look at it) at 4:30 am i couldn't sleep so i got up and had a cup of madarin orange spice tea and went back to bed. It really did the trick.
Rossi_R likes this.
November 13th, 2012, 11:35 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mostly anything makes me want to gag.... sometimes I want something so bad but then it passes. I am eating nutrition bars, carrots and dip, bagels, toaster strudels, bananas and yogurt.... great huh :/
Rossi_R likes this.
November 13th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlinmommy17 View Post
you sound exactly like me... i am hungry but i just cant stand the thought of most foods. I can tolerate very bready stuff (like pizza, grilled cheese , etc.) not very healthy. And, like you, I am totally into sour candy, drinks, etc. Actually my pizza just had tons of ham and pineapple... it was pretty good. I CANNOT even think about asian food (which is my FAV pre-preg food), or fast food burgers or fries- ugh....just typing that made me queasy. i am loving tons of herbal teas... they seem to make my tummy settle. Actually , last night, (or this morning, however you look at it) at 4:30 am i couldn't sleep so i got up and had a cup of madarin orange spice tea and went back to bed. It really did the trick.

Just reading what you typed made my stomach dance in joy! Mmm, those foods sound SO good! Wow, I am actually looking forward to buying some good teas to settle on my stomach late at night; that's really a GREAT idea. Thank you for sharing! Amazing to see what these little peanuts do to our bodies while they occupy them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartersMommy View Post
mostly anything makes me want to gag.... sometimes I want something so bad but then it passes. I am eating nutrition bars, carrots and dip, bagels, toaster strudels, bananas and yogurt.... great huh :/

Awh, that's not too bad dear, but I understand your plight a bit as it's still limited! Can't wait to see you cross into that second trimester with hopes of a better enjoyment of food!

Some early on challenges But we're gonna push through them!!!

November 13th, 2012, 02:13 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am the same way....so hungry yet nothing sounds good. I wandered around the grocery store last night with DH and DD and vetoed everything...in the end I grabbed a deli salad and cheesecake. Im living off of salads and sweet things...fruits...smoothies...DDs halloween candy lol. Oh and I finally bought the fudgesicles ive been craving haha. Oh and bagels and pizza.
Rossi_R likes this.

November 14th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlinmommy17 View Post
i am loving tons of herbal teas... they seem to make my tummy settle. Actually , last night, (or this morning, however you look at it) at 4:30 am i couldn't sleep so i got up and had a cup of madarin orange spice tea and went back to bed. It really did the trick.
Just be careful with the herbal teas and make sure the label doesn't say not to drink it if you're pregnant.. I've run into that problem a lot and I've pretty much given up teas lately.

#1, 4, 5, 7

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search