2nd time pregnancy -- different than first. Any correlation to gender?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I am pregnant with my second and this time around I have been feeling a bit queasy. It's not limited to just the morning. It happens at any time of the day where I will just start gagging and feel so sick. I haven't thrown up yet, but have come close to it.
With my daughter, I had absolutely no sickness whatsoever! She was perfect inside. I did break out a bit with her, which I am now too, but again...didn't feel sick at all.
I am wondering for those of you who have two or more children -- if your pregnancies were different, did you wind up having the opposite gender or the same? I know each pregnancy is different, but I am just curious.

Thanks!
:-)
November 13th, 2012, 12:29 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I had two very different pregnancies, from how easy/complicated they were to how sick I was/wasn't, and I have two very healthy little boys. EVERYONE tried to convince me that my second was going to be a girl because of how different my pregnancies were ... but I had this feeling I was having another boy.
November 13th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
So far this pregnancy is exactly the same as my 1st (boy), but I have a feeling it could be a girl. My aunt told me both of my cousins (girls) were completely different pregnancies. First one was zero m/s, no problems whatsoever. The second one she was throwing up all the time and felt miserable most of her pregnancy so she was convinced it was a boy. Nope!

November 13th, 2012, 12:57 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm having the exact opposite pregnancy (for gender) as you!! My first was a boy and was the "perfect" pregnancy, very few symptoms and zero sickness. This time I'm constantly feeling queasy, exhausted, breaking out, etc. So we'll see!! I was wondering about this question also!

November 13th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the responses! My mom said the same thing. She had two girls and two different pregnancies. I am sure we will all be curious to find out who is having what, so let's make sure to come back here when we find out :-) And congrats to you all. Such an exciting time, but I am totally exhausted. I work full time AND I have a 5.5 month old at home who I am starting to wean to formula. It kills me to do it and I cried so much over it, but the dr. recommended it. I have read that you can safely pump while pregnant, but it is extremely draining on me, especially with my 3 hour commute to work each day. I want what is best for my daughter, but I also want to make sure the new little pea is getting enough nutrition too.
November 13th, 2012, 01:37 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Two girls and two opposite pregnancies for me. My first was so easy. No m/s and I was always hungry with major cravings. The second I felt awful for 19 weeks. I never threw up but it was constant nausea that kept me on the couch most of the day. I was never hungry even after the nausea subsided. I never had cravings. This pregnancy is somewhere in the middle- waves of nausea but also waves of hunger. Makes me curious if that means a boy or if I am just destined to have girls.
November 13th, 2012, 01:54 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my daughter, I was insanely sick and threw up lots. My boobs got huge and were soooo painful. My skin was perfectly clear and my hair grew super long and healthy.

With my son, I was never really sick. Just a little nausea but I never threw up. My boobs never really got bigger until the third trimester and they were never sore. My face broke out like a teenager and my hair actually thinned out a lot.

This pregnancy is almost exactly like my first so far. My intuition says girl this time so I guess only time will tell

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search