Previous stretch marks

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By mommy220
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany
  • 3 Post By Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
  • 1 Post By bribugg13
  • 1 Post By enchantingdragon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
Anyone want to share what they stretchmarks on their belly look like starting out? Mine are pretty gross even though they faded a ton from when I was pregnant.

THese are mine at 37 weeks 5 days last time and they got a lot worse by the time I delivered at 41 weeks.

I will share my current looking stretchmarks tomorrow

November 13th, 2012, 04:45 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Believe it or not, I did not get a single stretch mark last time. KNOCK on WOOD!!!! I hope I am that lucky again but I am ready for them if they come!

November 13th, 2012, 04:49 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
So many pregnancies and I got pretty overweight, so I have stretch marks on my belly, butt, hips, thighs, breasts... Thankfully they fade and I haven't added new ones with the last couple of babies! My camera needs to charge so I can try to get pics for ya'll tomorrow, if you really want to see 'em!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 13th, 2012, 04:51 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do have them all over my boobs though!

November 13th, 2012, 05:03 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have some on my thighs and hips though.
November 13th, 2012, 05:19 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I only had a couple until my last baby. I gained 40lbs with her and now I look like I have tiger stripes. I've lost weight so I'm hoping I won't get any new ones.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 13th, 2012, 06:37 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My belly came out of the last two pregnancies stretch mark free I feel blessed. My boobs on the other hand...Oh my gosh... they look terrible like really really bad...
November 13th, 2012, 06:54 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didnt get any stretch marks from DD thankfully. But I do have them on my boobs cuz as a teen i went from flat chest to DDs real fast. I do also have stretch marks on my thighs too but those are from having way huge muscular legs back in highschool from gymnastics, ballet and diving. But I also slathered on the cocoa butter during my pregnancy to DD....stuff worked great

November 13th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
I've had stretchmarks on my boobs, thighs, hips, and bum since high school. They have expanded over the years but still. As far as the ones on my belly I don't honestly care. I never showed my belly before and I never planed to show it after. Its a badge of honor I worked really hard for.
Karen78, lil_fishy and bribugg13 like this.

November 13th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I have them from college when I gained weight super fast my first semester. Hips, thighs, booty. But I didn't them anywhere from being pregnant. Hoping it stays that way!

November 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I got belly stretch marks the first time also, I don't think I have a picture anywhere though! lol I also have a belly tattoo that fared pretty well! Mine also faded a lot, and by some miracle, were barely visible on the tattoo! It's a silly tattoo that I got when I was 18 and "never having kids"! Dolphins around my belly button that my Mom told me would turn into shamu one day!
crawmommy likes this.

November 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had no new stretch marks from my first...all of mine are just natural from being overweight. LOL

Luckily? my weight has fluctuated so much that even at my biggest pregnancy weight I wasn't at my heaviest weight ever so nothing new was added.

November 13th, 2012, 07:50 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_S View Post
I've had stretchmarks on my boobs, thighs, hips, and bum since high school. They have expanded over the years but still. As far as the ones on my belly I don't honestly care. I never showed my belly before and I never planed to show it after. Its a badge of honor I worked really hard for.
I love your attitude. The summer after my son was born I was bemoaning beach season as I have these horrible tiger marks all ovr my thighs and Ill be honest its not something I ever had before so I was sad but then I realized I carried a baby inside of me, I brought a little life into this world...all 8 lbs 8 ozs of him med-free. I earned those stripes with my blood sweat tears and love and no one can make me feel less about them now.
bribugg13 likes this.
November 13th, 2012, 07:51 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I had old stretch marks on my hips from high school. I did get two tiny ones in the shape of an X where my belly piercing was with my first pregnancy. When my milk came in, I got a few on my boobs. I didn't get any of those stretch marks with the second pregnancy. I feel pretty lucky
November 13th, 2012, 09:54 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't get any until my last two weeks of my last pregnancy. Below my belly button, I looked like a tiger. They have faded now that it has been over 2 years so you can't really see them or I would post a picture. I hope it stays that way!

November 14th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I have any pics but I got a few light ones around my belly that just looked like wrinkles afterwards but I do have a few on my hips and under my booty on my thighs and a few on my boobs but I'm sure after this one since I will be a double house there will be no return lol!

November 14th, 2012, 05:34 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Oh and I used some oil called Bio-Oil (I think?? it's been a few years!) after I had Connor and it really did help them fade faster. Doesn't make them disappear or NOT appear at all, but helps with reduction and fading!

November 14th, 2012, 05:44 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I love that you shared that picture!

I have TERRIBLE stretch marks! I have always been in the normal BMI in weight, and gained about 20 lbs with each pregnancy, and not real fast, but on a normal pace.... and I look like a tiger clawed out of me!! I used coco butter like a CHAMP during pregnancy also, but still there they were! Then I was talking to one of my aunts, who was built identical to me, and turns out hers were the exact same, and her mom's (my grandmothers) were the exact same. Hello genetics!!!

So yeah, my stomach looks pretty ridiculous, and someday I would love to have a tummy tuck and have them all taken away! But, that is very vain of me and I remember that what's important is that I created beautiful lives with those stretch marks.

November 14th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got pretty bad ones all over my belly with my first pregnancy, and my mom asked me what I had done wrong. SHE never got stretch marks with any of her 4 pregnancies, so obviously I must have done something wrong, lol. That kind of made me laugh, like, yes Mom I WANTED these stretch marks all over my stomach.

My old stretch marks never completely went away, but they faded so they weren't very noticeable. Now that I'm starting to show just a bit, I can tell that they're a bit pinker than they were before, and I'm sure I'm going to get them just as bad this time as I did last time. There are a lot of changes that our bodies go through during pregnancy (varicose veins, hemorrhoids, etc.) but that's just part of the process!

My husband loves the way I look, stretch marks and all...so what do I care?

November 14th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Super Mommy
I got a few purple ones with DS1, then after he was born they exploded all over my boobs. I also gained a lot of weight with both my boys. It was worse with DS2, though. I retained a lot of water and even had a little water pocket at the very bottom of my belly that caused it to stretch pretty bad. I look like I've had triplets! It blows to be 24 and never be able to wear a bikini, but whatever, my kids are so worth it! I don't expect any news ones this time, and I'm going to try my hardest not to gain as much weight as last time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search